• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 11:45:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 612
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 611
Total: 611

Monday's coffee....

Started by Mugwump, September 28, 2015, 05:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....the coffee is good this morn'n.....MMMMmmmmm....I need more because having trouble waking up....ZZZzzzzzzzz     overcast last night, so the eclipse was hidden a bit, Jan was up and said it finally cleared when the event was pretty much over.... huh

Upper 70's today and humid....rain moving in later, and for tomorrow when the temps drop back to the low/mid 60's....it'll be a much cooler week ahead....has fall arrived??.....about time...LOL..

Water changes, and sending a box out to Barb.....then some serious putz'n  w!w                           
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Was up early this morning so now I'm on my 2nd pot. Funny thing is I did sleep well. :o Cloudy, humid and warm today with temps in the mid 80s. Hopefully not too windy because it blows all those allergens directly up my nose. huh

I need to rearrange some furniture in the fishroom so I can set up some tanks and relocate the computer setup that I have down there. w!w I will clean some lids while I am down there too. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

We're on pot two, also....still gloomy looking outside....blah....

Jan's cooking a whole chicken in the slow cooker.....already smells good in here   ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Coffee still brewing. Got to unload the trailer from the road trip. I also need to make fish food for a friend that was cleaned out by hungry dogs. Coffee must be done now, BRB.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on September 28, 2015, 08:26:27 AM
Coffee still brewing. Got to unload the trailer from the road trip. I also need to make fish food for a friend that was cleaned out by hungry dogs. Coffee must be done now, BRB.

|^| +1
Jon

Mugwump

Well it's 70 out now....feels like 90....cool front is taking it's time as the air here loads up with moisture.....humid/stickey...blah...

Hey Bob, how about a MASI recap ??.....saw pics from Damon and didn't see a big crowd???....unless he took them early on...??
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 28, 2015, 06:33:54 PM
Well it's 70 out now....feels like 90....cool front is taking it's time as the air here loads up with moisture.....humid/stickey...blah...

Hey Bob, how about a MASI recap ??.....saw pics from Damon and didn't see a big crowd???....unless he took them early on...??

It's a nice 75 here. ;D ;D ;D Supposed to get something off the coast in a couple of days though.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

We were supposed to get rain but it didn't happen :(
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 28, 2015, 06:43:18 PM
We were supposed to get rain but it didn't happen :(

The front was supposed to be in here hours ago.....no cigar.... huh

we could use the rain too....yup..
Jon

Rjb3

MASI recap . . . . . . . Good crowd early. The room was pretty full. Sales started out good, too. But after an hour and a half it wasn't so good anymore. Quite a few empty tables. Not sure if they were no shows or what. Can't imagine they would have set up more tables than they rented. I'd say 1/3 of the vendors were packed and gone by 1:00. Most of the crowd left after the 12:30 drawing for the 75 gallon tank. With the crowd gone, we finally left at 2 with one more hour to go. Most of the vendors still there were packing, too. That got us home by 9 or so. Without the many many construction zones we would have been home before 8.

Too many food sellers. One right across from us and one to our right with a table separating us. We came out okay though. Only because we were already on the road. We'd have lost our shirts if we drove down just for the day.

One of the other food sellers wants to buy my new floating sticks in bulk so he can sell them. I'm thinking not. Gale said he came by while I wasn't there and was asking her questions. A calculated move, I think. She wanted me to go talk to him but I wouldn't. He showed up later with his I don't have a floating stick and I'd like to buy yours gig . .  How much per pound? . . . . . Told him I wasn't sure. What I was really thinking was, Why would I sell him my sticks so he could sell against me at the swap meet?

I gave your e-mail address to Paul and Debbie. They're looking for black angels. They're supposed to tell you Captain Bob sent them . . . . . .

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on September 28, 2015, 07:23:10 PM
MASI recap . . . . . . . Good crowd early. The room was pretty full. Sales started out good, too. But after an hour and a half it wasn't so good anymore. Quite a few empty tables. Not sure if they were no shows or what. Can't imagine they would have set up more tables than they rented. I'd say 1/3 of the vendors were packed and gone by 1:00. Most of the crowd left after the 12:30 drawing for the 75 gallon tank. With the crowd gone, we finally left at 2 with one more hour to go. Most of the vendors still there were packing, too. That got us home by 9 or so. Without the many many construction zones we would have been home before 8.

Too many food sellers. One right across from us and one to our right with a table separating us. We came out okay though. Only because we were already on the road. We'd have lost our shirts if we drove down just for the day.

One of the other food sellers wants to buy my new floating sticks in bulk so he can sell them. I'm thinking not. Gale said he came by while I wasn't there and was asking her questions. A calculated move, I think. She wanted me to go talk to him but I wouldn't. He showed up later with his I don't have a floating stick and I'd like to buy yours gig . .  How much per pound? . . . . . Told him I wasn't sure. What I was really thinking was, Why would I sell him my sticks so he could sell against me at the swap meet?

I gave your e-mail address to Paul and Debbie. They're looking for black angels. They're supposed to tell you Captain Bob sent them . . . . . .

Thanks for passing that on to them.... ;D

We've talked about doing MASI sometime but it's a bit far for a day trip....maybe someday we'll grab a room and do it....easier on the driving that way...a break in it......

It seems like every dang road is tore up now for repairs, etc....this is a good thing tho.....it means folks have jobs.... |^|
Jon

Rjb3

The trailer was a mess when we got home. I don't think it turned upside down while we were driving. LOL

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on September 28, 2015, 08:16:20 PM
The trailer was a mess when we got home. I don't think it turned upside down while we were driving. LOL

It was that big thud you heard around the Bloomington area..... ;D
Jon