• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 10:44:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 582
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 567
Total: 567

Sunday morn'n

Started by Mugwump, August 11, 2013, 06:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Looks like it's gonna be a rainy day....it's clouding up, we need the rain right now, grounds dry. I guess it'll be a good time to do water changes?....play some tunes.....chill    ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on August 11, 2013, 06:28:47 AM
....play some tunes.....chill    ;D

Check out this kid from the UK.  Reminds me of a young Bob Dylan.

Dennis

Mugwump

Different for sure. Dylan?.....not yet, needs more 'nasal' sound   ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Jake is only 19 years old.  He's got a stage presence and talent beyond his years.

The "Two Fingers" video is disturbing.....sad stuff. Hopefully that's not one of his life experiences.

Nice find Dennis. How did you come across him?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on August 11, 2013, 08:46:02 AM
Nice find Dennis. How did you come across him?

Thanks Pauline.  I'd heard him on BBC Radio 2 and then saw him on Graham Norton.  He sounds fresh & honest to me, innocent if you will.  He's got a "Bleecker & MacDougal" sound to me... very addictive.  I also can't help but think that Neil would approve of his version of "Hey, Hey, My, My..."

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

BallAquatics

Mugwump

I like that.....very nice voice, song well done, impressive.....thank you
Jon

PaulineMi

Wow....I actually got chills listening to "Broken". 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

I'm glad you both like him.....  great music is as universal as a laugh or a smile.  I really think the kid is an up-and-coming talent, he grows on you too.  The more I listen, the more I appreciate the tunes.

Dennis