• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 07:07:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 320
Total: 320

Bruno is playing pretend that he's brave

Started by LizStreithorst, March 26, 2017, 05:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Playing pretend is a good way to learn how to be it.  I know this is true from personal experience.

There have been many small steps to get my little man to where he is now.  April drove up in a golf cart to deliver a clipper that I'd loaned her and Sean to clip their Pyrenees.  God help them, they tried to do it with a clipper made for human hair.  I let them use my clipper made for sheep with dogs wfwf  My little man came out barking with his hackles up!  He wouldn't quit barking.  Anyone who knows dogs could see that he was faking it.  Apparently, either April knows dogs better than I imagined or she did exactly what I asked.  I told her that I was trying to build his confidence.  That I wanted to show him that a stranger driving up in a golf cart is not something he should be afraid of.  By the time she left he would go to her to be petted.  I could tell that it was scary for him but that it felt good and that he came out of a fearful situation stronger.

April wanted to know Bruno's story.  When I told her she said that he had hit the jackpot.  We talked a bit more and she agreed that I'd hit the jackpot with him,too..  I've had dogs all my life.  This is only the third time I've had a dog that was screwed up emotionally.  Fixing it takes a bit of dedication but the results are unbelievably rewarding.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson