• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 07:46:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 727
Total: 727

Happy Hump Day

Started by Barb, August 31, 2022, 08:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everybody, it is finally a sunny morning today.  I am walking downtown with a group of friends who do this twice a week.  We are a slow walking group, several have canes and one is with a walker.  Just my speed these days.  We walk along the river, on a good concrete pathway.

Ron and Willie, I would love to see pics of your Altums!  I have never had them, but always admired them so much. Years ago I was making 18" tall cones for many people who special ordered them for their Altums to breed on.  They were hard to make that tall and hard to ship.  I may have been the only one in the world to design and make them that tall.

Liz they are saying on the national news that MS is really having flooding problems, especially Jackson.  Do you have info about it?  Is Felder's place near the Pearl River? 
You all have a good day whatever you have planned. 
Barb

Ron Sower

Hello Barb, and the rest of you Mugbugs out there...another sunny and warm day here in the Sonoran Desert...prediction of 104 today with 1% chance of rain...at 7:40 it 86 out there!...

I got the gane room chair repaired...I didn't go to Lowes because I figured out that I could scab 2 pieces of scrap wood I already had and make it fit correctly...now we'll see if if it holds up tomorrow through the Samba game...

I posted the WiFi Pinot angel below...NOT MINE...just thought it was beautiful...it's Edwin Garcia's strain...he lives in our area...I think he's related to George...that dorsal is really WIDE!...I've bought guppies from Edwin in the past...

Today is plant shipping day...it may not be a heavy shipping day...the fishroom is all disorganized since I had some of the racks with empty tanks pulled out to plumb the air pipes...I should push them back before I start pulling plants...

I didn't hear back from Jehmco yesterday and still need to place an order for my pump...I remembered to call them at 2:10 my time which is 5:10 Jersey time, and they close at 4:00 I believe, so I left them another message...I prefer talking to John, since I know he advises me well...do any of you know of another person there who is as helpful?...

I got all 30 of my new sponge filters and airstones assembled yesterday...

Barb, I'll have to take some pics of my altums...I don't think I have any ATM...

You all have a good and happy aquariuming day!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

YAY!  John at Jehmco called back,..he's short on help and has been working in the shop...got my order placed!🤗🤗🤗
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Jehmco is wonderful.  John's wife used to work with him.  Nice lady.  Last time I called them there was someone new working the phones.  She did her best but...I hope they aren't having too hard a time.  It would be terrible to loose such a great resource.

Barb, I don't know the geography of Jackson but I know that it's the poor black areas that are most greatly affected by the water problems.  Felder will likely have to boil water for cooking or drinking, and his water pressure may be less than it should be but he'll be OK.  He should be returning from England tomorrow.

I'm finally relaxed enough to post.  I sent out my last shipment of the week today.  Everything I've sent out so far has arrived on time.  I don't know if I had a spell of bad luck or if UPS has got it's act back together.  If my boxes arrive on time next week I'll start advertising my Discus for sale.

It's a little cloudy today and it will be the same tomorrow.  We had some hard rain for a bit yesterday but no rain for today or tomorrow, at least.

Willie, how about you?  You're usually here fairly early.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. I got some good rest last night thanks to a neighbor that slipped me a nice brownie. I ended up with almost a full 8 hours of sleep. That is rare for me.

We did get some rain last night but it didn't last long and we only got about .10 of an inch which was disappointing. It did leave behind cooler and less humid air and our current temp is 83 degrees with a nice breeze blowing.

I spent most of the morning doing water changes and deep cleaning a couple of tanks. I hate algae and I hate cleaning up algae even more. I do a great job of keeping algae alive and also a great job of killing live plants. I need to do a better job of getting rid of the algae right away. I'll start with less light. wfwf

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.