• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 08:41:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 509
Total: 509

No Whining.....

Started by PaulineMi, April 28, 2013, 07:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Not a good fish week here.
-90 gallon tank springs a leak on the carpeted floor
-Plans for new baby German Blue Rams fall through after buying 10 gallons of RO water and setting their QT tank up
-Just got informed the back glass panel on my 90 accidentally got cracked after being resealed and no leaking after holding water for three days

But life goes on......  The carpet's been cleaned, I'll pick up a pair of rams from my LFS where they breed them and they have a loss leader sale going on for their 75 gallon tanks.  Told disabled army vet who fixed then broke my tank to not worry about it...to just consider it a thanks for his service to our country. He did offer me his 80 gallon tank. I couldn't do it. :-[

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Somedays your the bug....somedays you're the windshield.......here's hoping that things go better this next week.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

sorry to hear about your week. that was nice of him to make you that offer. And nice off you to turn it down. it shows a lot about  your character :)
Scott

ilroost

It can only get better.
Very nice of you to not take the 80 gal. Such a nice thing to do

PaulineMi

Thanks for helping me feel better.

One other thing I forgot to mention...Friday morning my Dobe and I had a head on collision.  I have a real nice shiner!  8)

I'm going to go make myself an adult beverage and stare back at my discus. Did I ever mention that they stare at you?  And that they slap each other with their tails? 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Whoa.....now that really sucks....I'm glad that you're ok...wheeeeew...

ps...make it a double.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

That was quite a week alright, hope this next one is much better for you.  Seems bad things happen in groups, at least for me it does. 
Barb

BallAquatics

What a week indeed!  Maybe this will cheer you up.  I've got some CPD's ready to travel north.  Shoot me a PM at your leisure and we'll work out the logistics.

Dennis

PaulineMi

PM sent! 

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PaulineMi

Thanks Barb. Hope things have improved for you.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

LizStreithorst

You know, Pauline, if you were to buy  a piece of glass he could rebuild the tank.  It's a bit of a job, but he could do it, and I think he should.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Or another way I say it is, some days you get the bear and some days the bear gets you.  That really doesn't help much, though, does it?  Best wishes for getting everything going in the right direction for you.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Thanks Ron. All is good now.

The fish tank "repair" guy and I spent so much time reassuring each other and feeling bad for each other it almost got kind of comical. He's truly a sweetheart.

The week after my foot surgery Dennis is sending me the Celestial Pearl Danios I've wanted since the previous forum was still up.  This is me -->    ;D

The new tank is nice. It has the new black silicone style going on. Looks slick on the black stand.

Now about this black eye.....lol. 8)

Ron Sower

Good luck with the foot surgery. What's it for? I've got some bunions that hurt a lot, but I don't want to have surgery right now. I guess if I knew I had CPD's coming to me afterwards I might go ahead and do it!

I have a couple 54g bowfront corner tanks with the black silicon.  Nice!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Lovely bunions and bone spurs.  I dread it but I can't live in flip flops year round in Michigan.