• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 08:24:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 96
Total: 96

Empty tanks

Started by waterboy, November 17, 2016, 03:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterboy

Empty tanks are coming. I have a guy coming for Angels this afternoon so should have a couple empty 55 gallon tanks. Good thing too, I have a bunch of white gold marbles ready to go into one.  I have a spawn from a silver veil and a hybrid black for the other one. There are black laces, silvers and a ghost or two.  About half are veils. 

No action yet on my Bulgarian Seal Points.  They are mostly males so I put a couple female blacks in there.  All they do is swim around and beg for food at supper time.  No spawning activity so far.  Not even a lot of bickering.  I think the are probably about 10 months old so no real worries yet.  They will get there when the get there.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Tell Carl 'Hi' for me.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: waterboy on November 17, 2016, 03:33:03 PM
Empty tanks are coming. I have a guy coming for Angels this afternoon so should have a couple empty 55 gallon tanks. Good thing too, I have a bunch of white gold marbles ready to go into one.  I have a spawn from a silver veil and a hybrid black for the other one. There are black laces, silvers and a ghost or two.  About half are veils. 

No action yet on my Bulgarian Seal Points.  They are mostly males so I put a couple female blacks in there.  All they do is swim around and beg for food at supper time.  No spawning activity so far.  Not even a lot of bickering.  I think the are probably about 10 months old so no real worries yet.  They will get there when the get there.

Take this with a grain of salt because I'm going to make a quack suggestion based on advice from a friend on Simply.  I know that you're not worried about your BSP's just in case you want to try something that won't hurt and might help, add Roobios tea to their tank.  I tablespoon per 20 gallons of water.  Change out the old tea for new every two days.  It's no cure all but it seems to have helped my recalcitrant Discus.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 17, 2016, 03:57:12 PM

Take this with a grain of salt because I'm going to make a quack suggestion based on advice from a friend on Simply.  I know that you're not worried about your BSP's just in case you want to try something that won't hurt and might help, add Roobios tea to their tank.  I tablespoon per 20 gallons of water.  Change out the old tea for new every two days.  It's no cure all but it seems to have helped my recalcitrant Discus.

We actually bought some Rooibos tea the other day.....it tastes pretty good too....I'm planning on hanging a bag each in the aged pair tanks to coax at least one more decent spawn from them.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I adore the way it smells.  I know that it's said to be good for us, too.  I need to try it.  They say (and I have noticed) that it makes the fish calm.  I wonder if it would do that for me?
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I use it on the 150. I like the way it make the tank look and the fish like because it reminds them of home. Never tried it myself but maybe I'll brew some before bedtime. It is caffeine free.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 17, 2016, 05:29:03 PM
I use it on the 150. I like the way it make the tank look and the fish like because it reminds them of home. Never tried it myself but maybe I'll brew some before bedtime. It is caffeine free.

...remember to let it steep longer.....5mins...vs.. normal 3mins.....taste before considering adding a sweetener....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 17, 2016, 05:33:11 PM

...remember to let it steep longer.....5mins...vs.. normal 3mins.....taste before considering adding a sweetener....

I like to put raw honey in my tea.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 17, 2016, 05:40:17 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 17, 2016, 05:33:11 PM

I like to put raw honey in my tea.

,,,the tea isn't bitter at all....try it first..then add the honey....it almost has a vanilla?..aroma.... huh

I like hot water, juice of a lemon, and honey......MMMmmmm
Jon

waterboy

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 17, 2016, 03:57:12 PM

Thanks, I might just do that.  The wife drinks a lot of tea so maybe she would like to try some too.  I hear it is pretty good stuff.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.