• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 05:52:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 768
Total: 768

Anyone dig out yet..?

Started by Mugwump, January 05, 2014, 05:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.........looks like a lot of snow out there....now they're saying 2-4 more??....oh boy ;D....need more coffee.....not even a plow in sight, what's with that???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

.....wait......what's that sound???....by Jove, it's a plow....we've been saved.....yea
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Well I'm back to less than square one.  First, all of that drifting snow that I cleared out yesterday is back on my driveway and sidewalk as the wind changed direction and blew it back.  In addition there is probably a fresh 5 to 6 inches of fresh snow on top of it.  It's going to be very long day.  >:( :(
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 05, 2014, 06:35:29 AM
Well I'm back to less than square one.  First, all of that drifting snow that I cleared out yesterday is back on my driveway and sidewalk as the wind changed direction and blew it back.  In addition there is probably a fresh 5 to 6 inches of fresh snow on top of it.  It's going to be very long day.  >:( :(

Same here.....winds are calmer now, but supposed to get going again later on this AM....doesn't help any that the lone plow just shot a load off the street clear up the driveway.....hate that..
Jon

Mugwump

oh....and here comes round 2....

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 05, 2014, 06:38:44 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 05, 2014, 06:35:29 AM

Same here.....winds are calmer now, but supposed to get going again later on this AM....doesn't help any that the lone plow just shot a load off the street clear up the driveway.....hate that..

I did not even mention that.  Why does it seem like they only drop their load on our driveways?  The front of my no-shoveling neighbors driveways look untouched by the city snow plow.
Willie

Mugwump

Wish me luck, Willie....I'm headed out to shovel for a bit...... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 05, 2014, 08:30:24 AM
Wish me luck, Willie....I'm headed out to shovel for a bit...... ;D

Take it easy.  I'll be out there in a bit.  Just finishing up my feedings.
Willie

PaulineMi

Wind chills and heavy snow.....be careful out there.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

We knocked out the sidewalk and driveway.....some of it was 1 1/2 feet+....some light, most of it the heavy junk....ugh..... and dang cold, the wind's picking up. We reached our high of 13 deg at about 6 this morning.....it's all downhill from here....yeeeeeehaaaaa..... ;D...I see a snow blower in this old guy's future....yeppers  ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Just came in from doing mine, but I guess I go back out and help a neighbor out even though he let himself get in bad shape with this snow.
Willie

Mugwump

I'll likely go out in a minute too....I need to tidy up the 'public' sidewalk.....
Jon

wsantia1

Well I'm  back from helping the neighbors.  We snowblowed 3 houses in about 30 minutes.  I don't mind helping those that try to help themselves, but we have one guy that won't even come out.  I guess he'll be stuck once the deep freeze comes in tomorrow.
Willie

LizStreithorst

You are good hearted gentlemen.  Mug, get the snow blower for next year.  Think of how much easier you could make it for old people who shouldn't be shoveling due to their health. 

My goal for next year has no altruistic angle. I want to buy a good generator.  I could never afford one like the one my friend Dottie has that is powered by natural gas and takes care of the electricity in the entire house, and even turns itself on and off automatically!   I yearn for a gasoline powered one that will power everything in my fish room.  The rest of the house can do with out electricity.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

Getting hammered here. Blowing and drifting like crazy, it's over the hood of my pickup. Was going to go to Carthage Missouri today to load and deliver in Chattanooga Tennesse. Ain't gonna happen.Went out to feed the goats, hell they wouldn't even come out to eat. They looked at me like i was crazy