• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 01:26:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 609
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 596
Total: 596

Fabulous Friday

Started by Barb, May 01, 2020, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Maybe if I write it the day will be fabulous?  Hope it is better than yesterday.  So far I see lots of blue sky and sun and it is 58, nice and cool.  Going up to 68 later.  Busy day lined up here.  How about you all?
Barb

BallAquatics

After a few cool rainy days our weather is going to turn around.  Short 4 hour day at work later, yard work and transplanting before that.  May need to plan another trip to southern Ohio for my days off.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I'll be playing garden lady today.  Yesterday was frustrating.  Outside is more fun.  First I have to run to the bank and cash a check from yesterday, but from there it's nothing but fun and games for me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...good day to all!... weather today is going to be sunny reaching to 100 at RH 4%...

...been missing you here Dennis...enjoy your day off...I was in Wally World yesterday...not real crowded...lot of shelf stockers...thought about you!...

...I sold some plants on the Planted Tank Quick Auction and it took the dummy 3 days to get me his address and Paypal me...I got them in the mail yesterday... I hope they do alright for him...

...we're going to play cards at 2 this afternoon...Barb and Stan are bringing the entre and we're doing the salad and dessert...

...the gov'ner has extended the "stay home" until May 15 for AZ now...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It is a beautiful day with the current temp at 62 degrees and going up to 66F and plenty of sunshine. A much better day than yesterday for sure.

I am having a 12 x 12 concrete slab poured in my backyard right next to my deck so I can move my grill down into it and maybe even put a small fire pit on it. One thing it will do is free up more space on my deck which is 12 x 16.

Kobe is at the groomer and I am still taking it easy today. I am still feeling better and trying to keep it that way.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...Willie!...adding a patio beside your deck!...outdoor living at its best! |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 01, 2020, 11:42:19 AM
...Willie!...adding a patio beside your deck!...outdoor living at its best! |^| |^| |^|

Yes Ron, It's going to be nice. Thanks |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I would love to have that outside my front door where nothing grows but dirt.  It would be way easier to hose up the slab than vacuum all the sand that the dogs bring in on their dirty feet.  But there are more important things on my list.

LizStreithorst

I did the bank thing and then of course I had to go to the grocery store and the Dollar store.  Then I took Charlotte to the nursery for load of mulch #3.  I'm supposed to post a pic of my garden today and I don't want it to look untidy.  It's hot working out in the hot sun so I'm taking a little beer break before I trim my herbs.  My mint would take over the world if it had half a chance.

LizStreithorst

Perhaps you made May 1st fabulous by saying it would be, Barb.  It sure has been a good one for me.  I know the sun is still out and I could mow or do one of the other things that need to be done, but I got everything done that I wanted to.  That in itself is rare.  If I did more, which I wish I could, I would suffer for the next day or two.

After WC at 4 is chill out time w!w mim so I'm chilling. Of course I hurt, but I am feeling strong for a change.  I've been out watching chickens and chicks and giving them their daily treat.  The chicks have chick food and the adults have laying pellets but they come running when I call them for their scratch and meal worm treat.  It's fun to watch.

Barb

Sounds like you all had some sort of fabulous day.  Mine is so so.  Had to help my elderly neighbor lady friend.  Her hip socket came apart, not the first time, and I stayed with her screaming in pain until the  emt's arrived and took her away.  I won't be able to see her until she comes home, her husband died a year ago.  But I assured her I would take care of her cat, going over once or twice a day.  These are hard times for so many people.  And now my Bill seems to be almost wheelchair bound.  But we will manage, others deal with way more than this.  I can do it!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Barb, you are strong for our age and you spend all your time caring for old people with debibitating stuff.  That kind of life is very hard on you emotionally.  Thank God you have your african violets and your fish.  I hope with my heart your tomorrow is as good as my today was.