• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 09:40:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 800
Total: 800

Monday Monday

Started by Barb, March 21, 2022, 05:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everybody, sorry to miss posting yesterday.  Just trying to keep my head above water these days, but I am OK.  So much to do with clearing out my mom's apt.  Hope to get it all finished by this Thursday.  the weather here is pretty good now, but my whole yard is full of damaged plants from the bitter cold about 10 days ago.  So many dead leaves on shrubs, small trees, and Spring bulbs that were blooming. Liz, the daffodils you sent me a few years ago are fine, but the blooms are brown now.  I see you are to get a bad storm Tues and Wed.  Hope all is fine with your area.

I see all 3 of you are having luck with eggs/baby fish these days.  Good for you!!  My only babies are Endlers, always.  But my Discus are well and I enjoy their tank a lot.  FYI, I do 75% wc's about every 4 days.  Need to get my pond filters changed soon.  I did hear my big bullfrog the other night, only saw him one time last summer.  But I am glad he is still out there, just very timid I guess. He is huge. You all have a good day,
Barb   

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. It is going to be another beautiful day here but a little bit windy. The temp will be in the mid 60s and there will be plenty of sunshine.

Barb, wishing you luck on getting everything out of the apartment. I can only imagine how difficult it is going through that by yourself.

I'll be doing a few water changes, moving some fish around and setting up a small 5g tank so that I can move Grandpa L-183 and his cave into it. That way he can take care of his eggs in peace.

Barb my Endlers are pretty busy too. The fishroom has suddenly gotten pretty busy again too.

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Morning all.  It's going to be another beautiful day here in central Ohio.  Temps around 70 today with lots of sun, about 10 degrees warmer than yesterday.  Started putting hardy veg on the front porch yesterday to start hardening off before going in the ground.  Time to get some flower seeds started, only about 6 weeks until our last frost date.

Have a marvelous day folks!

LizStreithorst

I Barb.  I want your life to get back to semi normalcy soon.  You have been though plenty these last few years.

I'm down this afternoon but will be over it tomorrow.  The neurosurgeon wants me to see the cardiologist so he can tell them that there's nothing wrong with my ticker.  This is because back in 2018 I had that silly "broken heart disease".  My pain doctor was wrong.  They won't be able to "weld" by 2 bottom vertebrae.  All my discs are so deteriorated that they'd end up welding them all together and that won't work.  What they can do is "chisel" away the calcium deposits on my lower spine to open up the nerve canal which is almost totally closed.  The problem is that my entire spine has calcium deposits, plus I'm totally full of arthritis so they arent sure how much if at all the surgery will help me.  What a time I chose to quit nicotine!

It was another beautiful one today here too, Willie.  I saw my first humming bird just few minutes ago.  I got all my feeders in and have them soaking in hot soapy water.  My humming bird juice is cooling.  Barb, know that we'll have a ton of rain overnight.  The winds won't even hit 20 mph or so they say.  Of course, tornado's are always a possibility.  Maybe I'll get lucky and get taken up to meet Dorothy.

Always move forward. Never look back.