• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 12:07:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 565
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 565
Total: 565

Monday===>

Started by Mugwump, June 11, 2018, 09:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....slowly getting going on my daily chores.....gotta run a couple errands here soon too...

..so what's everyone doing today... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

.....geez Louise this is a dull day............................... :-\
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...who is Louise?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 11, 2018, 12:30:26 PM
...who is Louise?...

...no clue...she won't answer me either.... huh
Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Went to the doctor who scheduled an MRI Friday.  He wants me to see him after I have the MRI.  Then I need to take my referral to the neurosurgeon.  I understand that it takes 2 months to get an appt with him.  My doctor wrote me a scrip for Tramadol after I told him that I'd been stealing my dog's Tramadol.  At least that tells me that I am doing nothing wrong.  Monday I go for physical therapy which won't fix me but might help me help me get through 2 months.  This is all very depressing for me.  I have always been able to overcome every obstacle but I am not able to overcome my back thing by shear will.

Got home and bagged a pair of Half Backs for a nice lady in KY and 2 pairs that are going to a highly respected international Discus judge.  The fact that he liked my home bred Angels enough to buy 2 pairs was a huge compliment.

Now I'm back home again and chilling before I do WC.  I suppose at some point I need to eat.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...I hope you have some success with your treatments, Liz...chronic pain is a bitch... wfwf
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

...I'm hoping all this at least makes it bearable Liz....anything but the knife, if you can make something work.... |^|....therapy sounds odd, as he's waiting for the MRI to check what's wrong...??

..even a chiropractor won't mess with the 'adjustments' until he knows he'll do no more harm.... huh..

..either way, those folks will get to what's wrong.....and that's a plus  huh huh huh huh huh

...just curious.........do you drink milk?
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on June 11, 2018, 04:54:16 PM
...I'm hoping all this at least makes it bearable Liz....anything but the knife, if you can make something work.... |^|....therapy sounds odd, as he's waiting for the MRI to check what's wrong...??

..even a chiropractor won't mess with the 'adjustments' until he knows he'll do no more harm.... huh..

..either way, those folks will get to what's wrong.....and that's a plus  huh huh huh huh huh

My doctor says that the neurosurgeon wont do anything until I have physical therapy.  What it's supposed to do is strengthen muscles that will help me feel better.  I don't really know if it will work.  I've never needed physical therapy before.  But if I must and it might help I have to do it.

I don't drink milk.  I drink beer.

Once I saw the X ray I agreed with my Doctor that I would eventually need back surgery.  After I saw the X ray I thought that it was a miracle that I've been able to be pain free all these years.  The injury happened  when I was 15 and working at a boarding kennel.  Back then I just worked through it.  It din't start bothering me until after I got done turning a falling apart building that my neighbor gave me last April.  I got it done and it is the the Trump Tower of chicken houses.  I had no idea that this back thing would be the result.

The neurosurgeon is the one my veterinarian used.  He specializes in fixing back surgeries that other doctors have screwed up.  My vet got screwed up by a different surgery before she went to this guy who fixed her.  I have faith that he is the guy for me.

I'll do what I have to do, even surgery if I have a chance of being sound of body again.  Sorry to dump all my bad shit on y'all.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 11, 2018, 05:14:23 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 11, 2018, 04:54:16 PM

My doctor says that the neurosurgeon wont do anything until I have physical therapy.  What it's supposed to do is strengthen muscles that will help me feel better.  I don't really know if it will work.  I've never needed physical therapy before.  But if I must and it might help I have to do it.

I don't drink milk.  I drink beer.

Once I saw the X ray I agreed with my Doctor that I would eventually need back surgery.  After I saw the X ray I thought that it was a miracle that I've been able to be pain free all these years.  The injury happened  when I was 15 and working at a boarding kennel.  Back then I just worked through it.  It din't start bothering me until after I got done turning a falling apart building that my neighbor gave me last April.  I got it done and it is the the Trump Tower of chicken houses.  I had no idea that this back thing would be the result.

The neurosurgeon is the one my veterinarian used.  He specializes in fixing back surgeries that other doctors have screwed up.  My vet got screwed up by a different surgery before she went to this guy who fixed her.  I have faith that he is the guy for me.

I'll do what I have to do, even surgery if I have a chance of being sound of body again.  Sorry to dump all my bad shit on y'all.

...very good.....it's good to know the players have their shit together.....it appears that you're in good hands  |^|.....all shall be well....I shall will it.... ;)
Jon

LizStreithorst

"I shall will it" is my line.  If you stole it from me just to say it back to me I thank you.  I've never before admitted to being afraid to tackle what life tossed me.  This time I'm afraid and I hate it.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 11, 2018, 07:48:55 PM
"I shall will it" is my line.  If you stole it from me just to say it back to me I thank you.  I've never before admitted to being afraid to tackle what life tossed me.  This time I'm afraid and I hate it.

|^|.....you got this...
Jon