• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 09:27:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

Thursday thoughts time

Started by Mugwump, August 03, 2017, 05:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....called for rain all day....it's passed around us with nary a drop.....and man is it humid out there... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf

...one more chance at it here in a bit....but....... huh

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I worked till noon.  I talked to Barb.  I did huge tank wipe downs, changed the filters on 10 Magnum's. and did the hugest WC in history.  Then I fed the chickens scratch and sat outside to watch them eat and interact with one another.  Those silly chickens give me so much pleasure.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 03, 2017, 05:31:16 PM
I worked till noon.  I talked to Barb.  I did huge tank wipe downs, changed the filters on 10 Magnum's. and did the hugest WC in history.  Then I fed the chickens scratch and sat outside to watch them eat and interact with one another.  Those silly chickens give me so much pleasure.
...my brother used to love his chickens like you do, Liz....I really enjoyed visiting him and watching them feed too....a couple years ago a stray dog got into the chicken house one night and he hasn't had them since...I think mostly because he can hardly walk...He's getting knee replacements next month...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Well, that's a bitch.  I hope that after he recovers from the knee replacements he will get more.  They are easy to keep and so enjoyable to watch.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 03, 2017, 05:47:22 PM
Well, that's a bitch.  I hope that after he recovers from the knee replacements he will get more.  They are easy to keep and so enjoyable to watch.
I may try to encourage him to come here and live in our park....can't have chickens though....
...his wife died 2 years ago...he's had some tough times....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Some places don't allow chickens because of the crowing of the roosters.  If you have only hens their is no crowing.  You might ask the park to reconsider.  It's not like a low life country bumpkin like me would be moving in next door.  Tell them that the hens will not annoy them and will provide them with eggs.  I bet that it won't be an easy sell, but it's worth a try.