• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 03:54:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 647
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 614
Total: 614

Guess....

Started by b125killer, July 03, 2015, 06:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

It could be,  I was thinking of using metro but figured the prazipro should work. Not to sure if it will work with Hex.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 10, 2015, 07:11:35 AM
Are you sure it's worms and not hex, Scott?  White poo usually indicates Hex.

Look at the pic above, Liz.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Since you've started with the PraziPro complete your treatment with it.  It's a gentle med and will get rid of many external parasites as well.  If you keep seeing white poo, do a huge WC and start metro at 400 mg daily for 11 days with huge WC every day.  I like to do flopping on the bottom WC when I treat for hex.  Out with the bad, in with the good, you know?

BTW, a rule of thumb is that a fish that eats and stays skinny has worms.  One that doesn't eat, picks at the food and spits it out has hex.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

I'm going to have to go with Hex. He isn't skinny and spitting food out. The prazipro treatment will be done tomorrow.  I'll do a huge WC. I'll start the metro Sunday if i don't see improvements. 
Scott

Mugwump

Anything new?............poor things...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It often takes until the end of treatment or the day after the end before symptoms disappear.

b125killer

There about the same.
Scott

b125killer

I'm trying not to get too excited, the little guy actually eat some bloodworms and didn't spit them back out. Hopefully this will be a turning point for him. I'm also going to try a new medicated food.  It's New Life Spectrum Hex-Shield. We'll see if they even eat it. They have been reluctant to eat dry foods.
Scott

LizStreithorst

You might try thawing their blood worms in metro before you feed it. the bloodworms will absorb some of it.  I've never treated for hex except with meds in the water but I know that it helps if you can get it into their gut.

b125killer

I've tried metro flakes before. It was when i lost all my angels. As you can read it didn't work out to well. But in my defense i didn't know what was wrong with the fish. if i dug around i might be able to find it. But it's old and the discus definitely won't eat flakes. I can't get the health discus to eat a flake. I ordered the nls hex shield yesterday from ken. It should be here tomorrow.  His shipping is usually pretty quick. It's a bit of a gamble, not sure if it will work or if they will even eat it. I have soaked bloodworms in meds before. I just can't see the fish getting that much from it. It looked like most of the meds just get washed off when i dump it in the tank. If they don't eat the nls, I'll soak some worms.
Scott

LizStreithorst

Like I said, I've never added metro to food.  They always get better with it in the water only.  It just takes time.