• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 04:03:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 647
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 624
Total: 624

loaches making load clicking noise!

Started by b125killer, December 14, 2014, 07:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I have read that they could make clicking sounds, l haven't heard it until today. It was a loud sound, I was looking all over trying to find out where it was coming from. It almost sounds like glass cracking. As I was sitting next to the tank the biggest clown loach went past my head and clicked. I have read many things on why the do it. It's everything from being content, spawning rituals, and territorial aggression. I'm thinking this one was being aggressive over bloodworm. He didn't seem to want to share with the yoyo. I know it's not spawning there way too young for that. Maybe he was just happy to get some bloodworms. I haven't feed them worms in a few days. Either way I'm happy I got to hear them. It's always fun catching them doing new things.
Scott

Mugwump

....Now that's nice....Is it like a porpoise clicking sound???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on December 14, 2014, 07:11:16 AM
I have read that they could make clicking sounds, l haven't heard it until today. It was a loud sound, I was looking all over trying to find out where it was coming from. It almost sounds like glass cracking. As I was sitting next to the tank the biggest clown loach went past my head and clicked. I have read many things on why the do it. It's everything from being content, spawning rituals, and territorial aggression. I'm thinking this one was being aggressive over bloodworm. He didn't seem to want to share with the yoyo. I know it's not spawning there way too young for that. Maybe he was just happy to get some bloodworms. I haven't feed them worms in a few days. Either way I'm happy I got to hear them. It's always fun catching them doing new things.

Either way it means that they are happy and healthy and that's a good thing. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Lucky you.  That is a neat thing to get to experience.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 14, 2014, 07:44:05 AM
Quote from: b125killer on December 14, 2014, 07:11:16 AM

Either way it means that they are happy and healthy and that's a good thing. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

...or they really think you look sharp today.....??... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I wasn't looking all that sharp. Sitting on the floor in my pajamas looking for the clicking noise. I kind of go a little crazy when i hear strange sounds. I have to find out where it's coming from.
It didn't remind me of a porpoise.  It wasn't a constant sound, Like echo location. More like a sharp snap. Like the sound glass makes when it's being snapped when it's cut.
Scott

ghonk

I had some once,and they started clicking.
Had to go online and see what the hell was going on.
Lost all 6 of them,believe it was something called wasting disease.

Ron Sower

My loaches did that every time I fed them when I had them in the tank with the Malawi Cichlids.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

b125killer

I got a video of him clicking. It wasn't easy and it's not the best video. but it's the sound I wanted anyways.
Scott

Mugwump

I should pull out one of the big raphaels to see if I can get their sounds.... ;D...good clip Scott...
Jon

b125killer

It amazes me how loud they can get. I'm also think they can hear me? if that's even possible. I know that when I'm watching them. If someone comes down the stairs they will stop what there doing and hide, before they can even see anything.  they won't come back out until the stranger is gone.   
Scott

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on January 03, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
It amazes me how loud they can get. I'm also think they can hear me? if that's even possible. I know that when I'm watching them. If someone comes down the stairs they will stop what there doing and hide, before they can even see anything.  they won't come back out until the stranger is gone.

Sounds good. Looks good too. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on January 03, 2015, 06:24:42 PM

Fish have uncanny sight, and senses.....I've tried forever to sneak down into the fish room...there they are.....turned and looking me....
Jon

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 03, 2015, 06:55:21 PM
How do they make that clicking noise?

With castanets held between their little flippers  ;D
Jon