• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 10:16:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 611
Total: 611

Having a great day in the fish room.

Started by BallAquatics, December 02, 2014, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

I set-up some breeders over the weekend, and today I have:

Devario sondhiii fry.  Thought I was going to loose these guys as I'm down to just two females and three males.

Danio kerri fry.  These guys aren't really a big deal as they practically spawn 'on-demand'.  LOL

Danio roseus eggs, probably something just under 100.

I went to finally set-up the Nannostomus mortenthaleri I picked up at the CAFE Convention last spring and found rather large fry (1/4") in the tank with the adults.

The Ancistrus sp ?Pucallpa Gold? are back at it in a larger set-up too!

Over all a great day in the fish room.  It's work tomorrow, but after that .....

Dennis

Mugwump

Nice pics !..you really have it going on there, huh?.....you need more tanks...he he  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

sondhii: cool.

Never even seen those guys.
Any tricks to breeding them?

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on December 02, 2014, 04:52:53 PM
.....you need more tanks...he he  ;D

LOL  Actually, I went out and bought some shelving so I could put up some of those 21 tanks I scored last fall.  The stuff I picked up is rated at 900 pounds per shelf or 4000 pounds total.  The shelves are adjustable about every 2 inches.  48" wide by 24" deep.  Very easy to set-up / take down.  So far, so good!

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 02, 2014, 04:48:08 PM
I set-up some breeders over the weekend, and today I have:

Devario sondhiii fry.  Thought I was going to loose these guys as I'm down to just two females and three males.

Danio kerri fry.  These guys aren't really a big deal as they practically spawn 'on-demand'.  LOL

Danio roseus eggs, probably something just under 100.

I went to finally set-up the Nannostomus mortenthaleri I picked up at the CAFE Convention last spring and found rather large fry (1/4") in the tank with the adults.

The Ancistrus sp ?Pucallpa Gold? are back at it in a larger set-up too!

Over all a great day in the fish room.  It's work tomorrow, but after that .....

Dennis

Congrats Dennis. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: BillT on December 02, 2014, 04:55:01 PM

First time I got them to spawn, no problems.  This time they were being rather reluctant so as soon as the Danio kerri finished up, I dropped in the sondhii.  With all the hormones, pheromones, milt, etc in the water, they just couldn't resist. 

Dennis

BallAquatics

Thanks Willie!  I've been kinda moping around here, I needed a bit of success to get me fired up!  Also, I went halves on a table for the GCAS swap Saturday January 31, 2015..... better have something to sell.  LOL

Dennis

PaulineMi

Quote from: BillT on December 02, 2014, 04:55:01 PM
sondhii: cool.

Never even seen those guys.

+1    Delicate looking beauties. 

The N. mortenthaleri is a striking fish.  Congrats on all of the spawning success.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

JC

Congrats on your spawns. They are all very beautiful fish.

BallAquatics

ilroost

BallAquatics