• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 09:10:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 504
Total: 505

Moving Tanks

Started by b125killer, July 13, 2014, 09:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I started to move tanks around today. I only got the discus tank moved. There a little harder to move when there half full. The funniest part was watching my oldest son crawl through the stand to get to the other side of the tank. Then when we got it close to where it's new home was he had a smaller spot to squeeze out of. Next tank is the older 55. I only have to move that one a foot to the left. It's still going to be a chore. Once that's done I can set up the 72 gallon for the discus.  I also got the fluval 405 cleaned and disinfected. I made a spay bar for it out of 1/2 pex tube. I got it running on the discus tank. It does a great job at keeping poo off the bottom. Once the 72 is running I'll move everything to there new home. I hope everything fits like I want it to.
Scott

BillT

QuoteI hope everything fits like I want it to.

Measure twice (or more), move once!

Mugwump

Pics???....I'm trying to picture which way you are swinging things around....?? did you move tanks back towards the other room..?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

And most important, don't hurt your back!
Barb

b125killer

I got everything moved. I made a video to show the fish room. I think it will stay this way for a while.
Scott

Mugwump

Sweet !!!!...now all you need is more tanks.  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Very nice fish room you have there Scott. ;D Loved seeing those clown loaches in that nice big tank. ;D  Is that your basement? 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Thanks guys, yeah that's the basement. That's alot of weight to put up stairs. It was scary when I had the 72 gallon up stairs. I couldn't imagine the 155 up there. 
The loaches love there new tank. They have more than enough room to dash back and forth. And they can reach there full potential in there.
Scott

PaulineMi

Very nice Scott.   You sure have a lot of babies in there.  Everthing looks good, tanks and fish. Thanks for sharing.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)