• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 03:34:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 647
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 612
Total: 612

ColdWater tank

Started by b125killer, May 03, 2014, 08:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I have had a busy day in the fish room. I finally got the coldwater tank up and running. I also got a black koi and crayfish for it. It's hard to spot the koi with the black substrate and low lighting. but he's doing good. The tempruature in the tank is at 68 degrees. The fish seem to love it. or maybe it's all the extra room they have.

Scott

Mugwump

..very, very nice work, Scott...looks awesome  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Thanks Jon, That stupid gold fish is my little buddy. I even got him his own tank. I don't need a net to catch him. I just stick my hand in the tank and he comes to me. it's a plus for me, I don't have a net big enough for him.  He also likes to be petted and he loves Captain Bob's Bug. He eats them out of my hand.  If he wasn't so affectionate he would of been gone along time ago.
Scott

Barb

How old is that big goldfish?
barb

PaulineMi

Scott I know what you mean about the goldfish.  I had one for about 8 years and finally gave him to my LFS.  He wouldn't stop growing and even the 37 gallon tank was just enough room for him.  To this day I miss that guy.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

He's 4 years old and 13 inches long. Not bad for a 15 cent feeder fish. He has also helped me cycle a few tanks and survived to tell his story. He has been upgrading his tanks a lot, he started in a plastic cup and now has a 75 gallon. I did keep him alive in a cup for three weeks before I got a tank for him. He is also responsible for the start of my MTS syndrome.   
Scott

wsantia1

Great looking goldfish and Koi Scott. I used to keep goldfish too. I had orandas and blackmoors. I loved those fish.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Thanks Willie, I do like him but I don't want anymore goldfish. Here is another pic. The flash got his eye, it's not all white. You can tell his size better. Most people that see him are shocked. They don't know they get that big. He's a good example of why they shouldn't be kept in a gold fish bowl.   
Scott

JR

Nice golsfish. tank looks good
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

b125killer

Scott