• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 09:28:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 52
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 38
Total: 39

Did I mention..??

Started by Mugwump, February 01, 2016, 07:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sschind

I noticed a few places took a little jump in the past few days.  Usually Illinois is a little higher than we are here in S Wisconsin but on Thursday night I did a search on GasBuddy.com and saw the Thorntons in Fox Lake was at $1.39 (same as we were in Twin Lakes) and since I had a show in Wauconda on Friday I figured I stop and fill up.  Then I check my Thorntons reward card and saw a 10 cent gallon a discount along with my 3 cent a gallon vip discount and I figured great $1.26 a gallon.  I cruise into Fox Lake on fumes and I'm about to pull into the thorntons when I see $1.59 on the sign.  Luckily a station in Wauconda was at $1.35.

Gas buddy shows one station at $1.25 and one at $1.29 in Kenosha but the rest have gone up to $1.34 or higher we are at $1.49.  I'm guessing the low ones will jump by tomorrow morning as well.  Still better than 4 bucks though.  I'll take it.

Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

..I tanked up yesterday for $1.46.....not bad for here.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

sschind

Quote from: Mugwump on February 14, 2016, 05:00:02 AM

Remember when we were happy when it was $2.46?
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on February 15, 2016, 09:48:12 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 14, 2016, 05:00:02 AM

Remember when we were happy when it was $2.46?

Yep, I do.....it's down to $1.41 now... huh |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

$1.46 here ATM.  It will go higher, I'm afraid, but it will be a long time before it gets painful again.  I remember when I first moved back home and was still driving once a week to Mobile to groom dogs 2 days a week.  I was in The Beast.  Diesel was $4.00 a gallon.  The trip back and forth cost me $100.  I drove down Monday morning and did dogs all day, spent the night at the clinic, did dogs all the next day, then drove back home.  It wouldn't have been worth it if I hadn't made 70% and couldn't put out 12 well groomed dogs a day.  Those days are far in the past, thank God.  At least I learned from them that I could suck it up and do what I had to to survive.  Looking back, it makes me realize that I am strong. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...gas went up about $ .16 today.... wfwf
Jon