• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 09:08:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 52
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 40
Total: 41

Saturday's situation....

Started by Mugwump, July 22, 2017, 10:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....suns out light winds and a bit cooler..........flood warnings throughout the area....but boy is everything green  |^|......chance of more rain in the forecast too....

...a lazy day coming up here for us..... |^| 8) |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

IT's really dark again over in the northeast of here.../Phoenix is getting it....looks like it's going around again...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 22, 2017, 07:30:02 PM
IT's really dark again over in the northeast of here.../Phoenix is getting it....looks like it's going around again...!

...how's your water and water bill around there...?....Colorado river water?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on July 22, 2017, 07:34:31 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on July 22, 2017, 07:30:02 PM

...how's your water and water bill around there...?....Colorado river water?
About $60 per month...I don't think that's bad...especially since I do WCs with RO water (3:1) output...BUT I'm only changing one tank weekly....water comes from aquifers in all around here....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Thank God they're not taking it from the Colorado river.  I visited southern California once.  Everyone had sprinklers going full blast and all the water was coming from the poor Colorado river.  I felt sorry for the river.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

One our trip to the Arboretum we were told that Ayer's Lake (really a pond) is where the water comes from that they irrigate the property with....there are Gila Topminnows, Poeciliopsis occidentalis, and Desert Pupfish, Cyprinodon macularius, in it....I just got through reading up on them and learned that the Topminnow used to be in the Colorado River drainage system...and the Pupfish is native to the Gila River, just down the street from us...it usually runs dry!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wallace

Remember the movie Chinatown? A big city like LA springs up in a desert and there wasn't much water in the ground so they stole it from the Owens Valley through an aqueduct. It started a water war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Water_Wars
Dan