• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 04:33:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 761
Total: 762

Your thoughts

Started by Ron Sower, January 29, 2016, 12:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

I had a guy come to get Ducky Tuesday and he gave me $400 and said he would go to the bank, get the rest and be back around 2:30 to give me the rest and pick him up. He insisted on shaking hands on it and that I hold it for him, knowing that there was someone coming in an hour to look at it. The second person (who showed up late) came and was pissed because I did the deal without her seeing it first and she had money for it.

By 3:30 the guy hadn't shown up and as I was about to call him, he called and said he couldn't get the money and he was coming to get his money back. I told him we had a deal and by him breaking it I not only lost his sale but the opportunity for selling it to the other person. He was pissed and hung up on me. Next morning at 5:30 he left a sob story message about being robbed at the bank and I was stealing his money as well. Then went on about how god was going to punish me.  I grew up with that crap and didn't need to hear it, nor do I believe it.

Yesterday 2 different sets of people came to see it. The first one left to get a purchase order and would be back. I told him if the second ones came with money I was going to sell it to them. They came, brought money, paid me half, and are coming today to take Ducky away with them. It was a substantial amount of money, and I told them the story about the other guy and said if they left it with me and changed their mind, I would keep the money. They were fine with that. They'll be here this morning to get Ducky.

By the way the guy called me with a purchase order just after I took their deposit. Offered to pay me more than what I was asking if I sold it to him. That's a no-go for me of course and he understood.

Do I owe the first guy his $400?

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 29, 2016, 12:37:32 PM
I had a guy come to get Ducky Tuesday and he gave me $400 and said he would go to the bank, get the rest and be back around 2:30 to give me the rest and pick him up. He insisted on shaking hands on it and that I hold it for him, knowing that there was someone coming in an hour to look at it. The second person (who showed up late) came and was pissed because I did the deal without her seeing it first and she had money for it.

By 3:30 the guy hadn't shown up and as I was about to call him, he called and said he couldn't get the money and he was coming to get his money back. I told him we had a deal and by him breaking it I not only lost his sale but the opportunity for selling it to the other person. He was pissed and hung up on me. Next morning at 5:30 he left a sob story message about being robbed at the bank and I was stealing his money as well. Then went on about how god was going to punish me.  I grew up with that crap and didn't need to hear it, nor do I believe it.

Yesterday 2 different sets of people came to see it. The first one left to get a purchase order and would be back. I told him if the second ones came with money I was going to sell it to them. They came, brought money, paid me half, and are coming today to take Ducky away with them. It was a substantial amount of money, and I told them the story about the other guy and said if they left it with me and changed their mind, I would keep the money. They were fine with that. They'll be here this morning to get Ducky.

By the way the guy called me with a purchase order just after I took their deposit. Offered to pay me more than what I was asking if I sold it to him. That's a no-go for me of course and he understood.

Do I owe the first guy his $400?

It's up to you, ...you got your full price for it...?   granted the guy wasn't too cool with his dealings, he should have known if he had the money or not........I'm betting his wife caught him and said "you're buying what???"....LOL...then again, he should have just told you....LOL....who knows?....you might give him half for screwing around?... huh huh huh huh huh...or just put the money into fixing up the fish tank van?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I'd give it back to him since you sold it the next day, but that's just me.  Alls well that ends well!

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I'd give back half because I'm a nice guy and keep the other half because the guy was a jerk.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

The other couple just took Ducky on outa here. Bye, Ducky! I'll miss you!

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm inclined to give him 1/2 back. It was a good faith business deal and he broke the faith. I'll decide later today. I really appreciate your input, folks!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

I'd give him half and not a penny more.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

JR

I would tell him to pound salt. A man is only as good as his word.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Barb

Ron, I would keep $100, for my troubles, and refund him $300.  Seems the fairest to me.  And you will sleep well at night.  I believe in Karma.
Barb