• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 10:15:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,351
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 737
Total: 737

Your recent swap meet...

Started by Ron Sower, October 12, 2014, 11:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

How many vendors were there, Mugs? Looked like it's similar to the ones we do here. Our next one is this coming Saturday. So far we have 12 tables signed up.

I spent a lot of time this weekend cleaning out my aquarium closet and my 2 outdoor storage cabinets to load up my tables. Friday night I'll bag up a bunch of plants and bogwood and should be ready to go Saturday morning.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Yes, it was 15 tables, room for more....there were only 13-14 used tho...one lady was called into work at the last minute...there still was a great variety of fish and equipment...in contrast, the last swap they had was at a different venue, and altho plenty of tables were available, there were only 4-5 vendors that showed....that was a couple years ago....I'm betting that a spring swap will bring out 20+ sellers... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

We're getting between 12-20 tables with 12-15 vendors and having them every 4 months or so. This will be our 6th one in 2 years' time. We have between 75 and 100 people show up to swap/buy/sell.

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Sounds like your is growing??...the QC swaps used to be pretty good, then faded....but now with younger/newer folks..they're trying to gain interest. and grow again.....nice folks out that way...I wish them good success.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

It was a smaller swap. But thay were a nice bunch of people.  I did better there than the Milwaukee swap. I would do there swap again. 
Scott

New_b0401

I went as a buyer and not a vender. Lots of great fish there! We bought more than we thought we would, but couldn't pass up the deals! Altogether we bought 3 L200s some 2 green dragons, a angelfish pair from Mugs and some nice blue cobra guppies(: Had a great time and loved meeting everyone! Lots of great people and knowledge will definitely be attending the next swap! 

JC

I think the swap was good. Lots of nice looking fish and great people. It was definitely a small swap but like Jon said we are trying to build the club down here back up. Hopefully by the next swap I'll have enough fish that I can sell there. I've only sold at the gcca swap, which was awesome