• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 03:43:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 781
Total: 781

My Panda corys...

Started by Ron Sower, September 21, 2014, 01:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...in a 5 planted gallon, spawned last week. I had seen the 3 of them cavorting and told Linda (Lucy) that they were doing ''the dance''. Next morning...several eggs were on the side panel.  Not many, maybe 12. Snails probably got a bunch of them. Remember, I have Darwinian tanks; SOTF.

I'd forgotten about them until tonight. Lucy has gone to bed. I'm still up, just finished walking the mutt, and the automatic timer has cut the tank lights off, and for some reason, I went over to my two small tanks and turned them back on just to watch the pandas a few minutes. There were still about 7 eggs on the side. ALSO, I spotted a single fry hanging onto a plant leaf!!!!! I went to get my camera and when I came back he'd moved and I couldn't locate him at all.  :-\  2 of the eggs are white but the others have discernible eye spots in them. So I'll be watching more closely now.

These are Lucy's favorite fish, so I hope some of the fry survive. We have had a spawn before when 2 -3 made it for awhile until something wiped out all the fish in the tank.  So maybe better success this time.

I just think it's really cool when, given that a species supposedly needs 10-20 gallons of tank space, they actually spawnsin something like a 5 gallon!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Congrat's.....cory's are neat to watch when spawning.....they're flying everywhere plopping eggs at random.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

I realized this morning that I had a young guppy in the tank too. So I moved it. They are great little hunters! Another very small wriggler showing up today.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron