• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 06:52:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 773
Total: 773

Easy Sunday

Started by BallAquatics, August 20, 2023, 02:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Howdy folks.  Beautiful day here in Ohio.  August is usually too hot to enjoy, but we have been blessed with some fantastic weather this year.

Went for an early Sunday morning ride.  Almost no traffic and very few folks out at the lake that early.

Going to be a long week, working 4 days with an appointment with the cancer Doc on Tuesday.  From the markers in my blood work, it looks like my cancer is back.  I've got a great Doc from over in Columbus so I'm sure he will have several options to consider.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

LizStreithorst

Cancer?  What's all that about, Dennis?  First you've ever mentioned it.  Please keep us informed.

Another blistering hot day today but for once, I'm cool inside the house.  I don't think I mentioned it before but my when I told mechanic that fixed my AC that even my house AC's weren't keeping up with the heat he told me about taking the face plate of the AC's and cleaning the fins.  OMG, what I difference.  I did it yesterday and last night I had to get up in the middle of the night to turn off one of the 3 window units.  I was freezing to death.  I even had 2 of my little dogs find their way under the covers to keep warm.

I quit vaping Friday.  I didn't want to quit, but the less physical stuff I'm able to do, the more ass sitting I do, and when I sit around, I smoke.  I could no longer afford my habit.  I have all sorts of nervous energy and I get going at cleaning early.  By noon I've done more than I should and end up in bed in pain.  I've been having very vivid dreams, too.  Very interesting side effect.

Ron, I hope we hear a line or two from you today.  I hope you can fix whatever is wrong.

Willie, hope you wake up a new man tomorrow.

Barb, it'll be nice to hear from you after a week's absence.  Hope the trip with your sick friend went well.

See y'all in the morning everyone
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

I'm back, all is well.  Gee what a change here.  I will check it all out tomorrow, read when I can, 3 appts tomorrow, dentist is worst. Aching tooth the last week.  I know you all have a lot going on, will catch up later.  See you Monday!
Barb

wsantia1

Dennis, I'm sorry to hear that your cancer may be back. Thinking positive thoughts for you to get this back in remission soon.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 20, 2023, 06:27:23 PMCancer?  What's all that about, Dennis?  First you've ever mentioned it.  Please keep us informed....

Hey Liz, back in 2016, shortly after my wife passed, they found I had cancer.  After 9 weeks of radiation treatments I pretty much quit my computer business and started working at Walmart to get back into some kind of shape...  radiation treatments simply suck the life out of you, and I knew I would never go to a gym.

At any rate, since then my blood work has come back good until this year.  At first they thought the heart attack was messing with the results but second tests a month later came back even worst.

A lot has happened in the field since 2016, so on September 5 I'm off to the James Cancer Institute in Columbus for some poking and prodding.  The results will tell us where we're going from there.

I'll let you know, when I know more...

Ron Sower

Thanks for the update, Dennis. Of course, we're all wishing the best for you.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Agree with Ron. Thanks for the update and hopefully they get you fixed up good this time.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Thanks guys!  I've got a great Doc and I'm sure he will come up with a plan to get me fixed up.  |^|

LizStreithorst

I'm sorry I forgot about it, Dennis.  I remember all the rest.  I must have thought that it was all gone and put it out of my mind.  Of course we want up dates and for you to be back to healthy soon.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Sending best healing thoughts your way Dennis.  They will get you fixed up, I know it.
Barb