• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 10:18:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 770
Total: 770

Pleasant Thursday - Here

Started by wsantia1, July 20, 2023, 05:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It looks like we are in for a good weather day here with the current temp at 72 degrees and going up to a high temp of 85F under sunny skies. There is a slim possibility of a stray shower later on this afternoon.

I expect to be having a nice stress free day with a little playing around in the fishroom and maybe spending some time in my flower beds cleaning them up a little bit.

Liz I am glad to hear that you are now on high speed internet and not having to deal with DSL anymore. It's funny how I once thought DSL was the best thing ever now I have a crazy amount of speed through Xfinity.

That said, overall I hate Xfinity (overpriced and lots of outages) and wanted to change to FIOS but this town sold us out by signing an exclusive contract with Xfinity. ::) The subdivision behind me doesn't belong to the town so home owners can contract with any service provider.  huh

Hopefully you all have a great day and I'll pop in later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

As the song goes, Leaving on a Jet Plane, in a bit.  Eventful last several days here, sorry to be absent.  Not taking my laptop with me, just my phone.  I will check in if I can with it, coming home next Tues. late.  BTW, I have another torn rotator cuff from my fall May 18.  Hurts and not happy.  See you next week, be good.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning, Willie and Barb.  I'm glad you have a day to do as you choose, Willie.  When do you leave on your trip, tomorrow or Saturday.  I hope that you and Barb both have fun while your away.  Barb, sorry about your rotator cuff.  I imagine you'll have surgery to fix it.  I just ignored mine since it was my left and because I compared to what else is wrong with me, it's just an inconvenience.  My range of motion is limited but it doesn't hurt. 

I am finally out of my funk over not being able to switch drugs until the 1st of Sept.  My new drug is was actually developed as an antidepressant so I'm hoping that it will help with these mood swings I have, as well as give me more pain relief.

Today's a work day for me.  One load of laundry is already out drying on the fence.  Load number 2 is washing.  I bet I have a load of towels later, too.  The water pump came for my dishwasher and to fix it, first I have to get all the water out of the bottom.  It should be an easy fix.  The hardest part will be laying the dishwasher on it side and picking it back up.  The fix only involves 2 connection's, and the pump is right on the bottom where it's easy to get to.

My baby Apistos got their first BBS feeding this morning.  Unlike the Black and Dutch Blue rams I've had in the past who share caring for the kids, the dad of these Apistogramma Agassizii Fire Reds have been leaving everything up to mom.  All the kids stick by her.  He won't eat one if it comes up to him, but as far as fry car he might as well be a rock.  It's fun to learn the ways of a new type of fish.  You would like these fish, Barb.  They have gold bodies and the fins are somewhat red.  They do well with small peaceful tetras in a community tank.

My newest pair of Pitch blacks gave me a huge batch of wigglers.  I expect them to free swim tomorrow.  The BBS is ready when they are.

That's all I've got.  Ron, I generally read your posts the following morning, but I'll check in later to see if you make one of your early appearances today.  Be happy friends, and find fun where you can.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on July 20, 2023, 09:20:27 AM
As the song goes, Leaving on a Jet Plane, in a bit.  Eventful last several days here, sorry to be absent.  Not taking my laptop with me, just my phone.  I will check in if I can with it, coming home next Tues. late.  BTW, I have another torn rotator cuff from my fall May 18.  Hurts and not happy.  See you next week, be good.
Barb

Oh no, that sucks Barb. Safe travels and please be careful.
Willie

Ron Sower

Yes, Barb, safe travels |^|
Willie, hope you're having a good stress free day |^|
And Liz, you're as busy as ever |^|

I've done nothing but read emails this morning so far, so nothing new to add from last night's post...nothing planned today except to process my new plant order that usually arrives between 10:30 and 11...I'll do some tank maintenance too...

The heat wave continues here...expecting 117 today...but it's a dry heat... :D

Stay calm cool folks...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

I wasn't feeling well as the day moved on...just general achey in the joints...felt lethargic so I took most of the afternoon processing my plant order....it was a big one...

I decided not to play poker tonight...

Goodnight all...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 20, 2023, 10:21:23 PM
I wasn't feeling well as the day moved on...just general achey in the joints...felt lethargic so I took most of the afternoon processing my plant order....it was a big one...

I decided not to play poker tonight...

Goodnight all...

Ron I hope you feel better this morning. |^|
Willie

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm back to being bummed again, dammit.  My Back doesn't like me, I have to fix the dishwasher again for the 3rd time, getting normal chores done have overwhelmed me.  I've tried my best and bent down a lot and had to stand back up again so many times, and I still have to wait until morning to change something and look at connections and see what is wrong.  I think I know what it might be, but I won't have the energy to try again until tomorrow....All the while other things are still waiting in line to be done.  I feel like I'm working hard and getting nowhere and the dishwasher isn't a necessity for me.

Now I have to lie down for an hour to be in shape for WC's and Charlotte's dinner.  I know that when my head hits the pillow, I will sleep for an hour.

End of bitch.  I was tired of keeping all this life shit to myself.
Always move forward. Never look back.