• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 03:48:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 513
Total: 513

I'm Gonna Scream.....

Started by PaulineMi, November 29, 2014, 09:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

....and maybe throw something at the radio.   >:(  I'm no Scrooge but hearing the same Christmas  songs over and over again for a full month is torture.  A week or ten days, maybe even two weeks, is keeping in the holiday spirit and is enough thank you.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

PaulineMi

Thanks Dennis.  We have limited data usage with our satellite internet service. We can't get any other kind of service where we live.  :(  I may just have to drag out some old CD's or do a blue tooth connection with my iPod to the little portable speaker that we have.

Update: I just bookmarked that link.  There is a great assortment of listening choices on there. For sanity's sake it will be worth paying for the extra data usage for one month.   :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

I tend to agree, Pauline...it seems start earlier each year.

and Thanks, Dennis.........great link  ;D

here's another...

http://www.radiolovers.com/
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Yeah I get like where I want to bang someone's head against the wall repeatedly when all the major networks have damn football games on when the new is supposed to be on.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

Heck guys, I have it nailed.  I don't do television.  On the radio I listen to my NPR affiliate.  I get the right amount of Christmas spirit from the the decorations in Ellisville (the little town that could) and my customers and close neighbor. 

I don't give presents for Christmas either :-[  I give a present when I feel like giving a present.  I guess I must not be too fond of Christmas :-\
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

I have some CD's and a few old tapes, with lovely easy listening holiday tunes.  Really like them.  Especially Manheim Steamroller.  And Chris Boti, on his light jazz trumpet.  Really wonderful calming music.
Barb

PaulineMi

We really enjoy Manheim  Steamroller too.

BallAquatics

I can feel a video coming.....   :o

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 29, 2014, 07:33:25 PM
I can feel a video coming.....   :o

Dennis

They do a Christmas show in Chicago every year... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

There a great country song that sings Jingle Bells is a slow and very pleasing way.  I heard it on one of the NPR news programs.  It was good enough to listen to over and over again.  Bing Crosby killed White Christmas, but to understand it's appeal you have to know that the troupes were coming home from war.  I know the song is outdated, but it's still a classic.
Always move forward. Never look back.

GraphicGr8s

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

Jon

GraphicGr8s