• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 10:11:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 488
Total: 488

Holiday plans??

Started by Mugwump, November 24, 2014, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

We're going to #2's house to have Thanksgiving dinner with them. On Christmas eve we'll have everyone here during the afternoon...then travel around the boys homes to see what the G'kids got for their gifts from Santa, and their own family, etc....the furthest that we'll be driving is around 12 miles.

Anyone else having company, and/or making the rounds?? The Holidays are a great time....early morn', or late evening shopping can be nice too...avoiding the crowds a bit.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

My relatives live in London and Rio and somewhere in the Belgian countryside.  I have politely let my kind local friends know not to invite the loaner.  It's always somewhat uncomfortable.  It will be me and the dogs and the Cornish Game hen with oyster stuffing.  It will be a good day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

GraphicGr8s

Thanksgiving is at my niece's house this year. Christmas is at my house. I think. Either way Christmas dinner is Italian traditional. Lasagna, ravioli (home made), sausage, meatballs, and my 4 day gravy. Maybe some scratch made spaghetti not sure yet. And of course cheesecake and home made cannoli.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

Do you make your own cheese cake?  I'd love to know how to make a rich, heavy, not too sweet one.

GraphicGr8s

Yes I do. Someplace I have the recipe. Use to make it when I worked with my cousin for all the mafia receptions at the place he worked at in NYC. Use to do the standard, a marble and a chocolate chip. That one was my idea.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

BallAquatics

My wife makes a killer cheese cake, just as you describe, rich, heavy, but not too sweet.  I'll see if I can get it for you.

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I'm absorbing the calories in this thread....... :o
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 25, 2014, 08:57:53 AM
I'm absorbing the calories in this thread....... :o

Then I shouldn't mention Jan's Mom's giblet corn bread dressing... or minced meat pie.... ;D   
Jon

Ron Sower

Stan and Barb have reserved our community room in the clubhouse for their 16+ family coming in, Margi's 5+ family, and our 6 family members coming over for Thanksgiving. We'll do a 2 or 3 pm meal, clean up, then turn on the huge screen TV for the Seahawks v. San Fran game. I'm sure we'll have board games and card games to play. This will be the first time with this arrangement.

Christmas? Not sure yet. Usually go to daughter's and open presents, have cinnamon rolls for breakfast, play games, maybe a nap, then a dinner of prime rib. Then they plop me into the wheel barrow and roll me to the car to go home. By then it's really tough to get me in behind the steering wheel. We have to make sure the seat is all the way back and the steering wheel is all the way up to make enough room! :o
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 25, 2014, 11:21:48 AM
Stan and Barb have reserved our community room in the clubhouse for their 16+ family coming in, Margi's 5+ family, and our 6 family members coming over for Thanksgiving. We'll do a 2 or 3 pm meal, clean up, then turn on the huge screen TV for the Seahawks v. San Fran game. I'm sure we'll have board games and card games to play. This will be the first time with this arrangement.

Christmas? Not sure yet. Usually go to daughter's and open presents, have cinnamon rolls for breakfast, play games, maybe a nap, then a dinner of prime rib. Then they plop me into the wheel barrow and roll me to the car to go home. By then it's really tough to get me in behind the steering wheel. We have to make sure the seat is all the way back and the steering wheel is all the way up to make enough room! :o

LOL....we do tend to pork out on the Holidays meals don't we...???... ;D....I eat slow and steady...I can get more in that way... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

My market was out of Cornish Game Hens, or so I thought...I walked to the the meat dept. and as I choose a small chicken said to the meat man who was restocking, "I had my heart set on Cornish Game hens, but I guess I'll have to settle for a chicken."  He was sure he had some so went to look where I had looked and didn't see any either.  Then he peaked behind the stainless steel piece that held the hinges and separated 2 doors and, lo and behold, found one.  He said, "I wouldn't let you down on Thanksgiving".  Wasn't that sweet? 

I think that maybe I'm getting special attention because I wrote their home office bitching that the manager said he couldn't get the only remaining brand of decent Rye bread anymore, and that if I bitched to the big guys maybe they could fix it.  The bread was discontinued by the big distributor which, I swear to God is called Bimbo Bread.  If you don't believe me, Google it.  In my emails to the big guy I said how great the manager of their store is and how good that store in particular is because it's true!

Of course they have always been friendly to me there.  Now, it's like I'm the Queen, same as I feel at my Post Office.  I won't worry about why.  I'll just be thankful.  After all, it's the right time of year for that.

Happy Thanksgiving my friends :)

Mugwump

I'm glad you found the little birds too. I know ya had your heart set on them. ;D

And yep, whether your traveling, or at home....

'Happy Thanksgiving everyone'....Enjoy the day.  ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

I hope all of you have a great holiday tomorrow...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron