• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 06:20:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 52
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 51
Total: 52

Friday's coffee...MMmm

Started by Mugwump, November 21, 2014, 03:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

This cup of coffee is just so good, I think that I'll have another... 8)   Messy weekend...colder/warmer/rain/ice/ wind.....but busy here....water changes, move a dryer to #3 son's house, putz'n, a new primer button for the Toro....a couple good naps?? 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning. My coffee is good today too.  After being sunny and in the 40s yesterday we are back down into the 20s today. :o  The weekend calls for temps in the 60s.;D. Water changes on tap today along with some culling :(. I guess it's a necessary evil. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Yes, unfortunately not all fry make the cut...last couple here have been very difficult, there weren't any clear issues with any of them......but the tiniest ones are the 'no-brainers' most times, and even those can blossom after the first couple tank separation moves.....usually females too....I've culled and ended up with a rotten female/male ratio because I culled a few too many 'small' ones....but I've become more cautious over the years.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 21, 2014, 05:27:46 AM
Yes, unfortunately not all fry make the cut...last couple here have been very difficult, there weren't any clear issues with any of them......but the tiniest ones are the 'no-brainers' most times, and even those can blossom after the first couple tank separation moves.....usually females too....I've culled and ended up with a rotten female/male ratio because I culled a few too many 'small' ones....but I've become more cautious over the years.... ;D

I can see that happening because my females tend to be a little behind the boys with respect to size especially early on. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 21, 2014, 05:32:10 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 21, 2014, 05:27:46 AM

I can see that happening because my females tend to be a little behind the boys with respect to size especially early on. ::)

I start looking for flat bellies as early as discernible.....it'll give you a fight'n chance... ;D
Jon