• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 07:30:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 52
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 43
Total: 43

S L O W day here.....

Started by Mugwump, May 01, 2017, 03:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

|^|.......just putz'n along.....well somewhat anyway.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

Rained on and off all day sun just peeking through still cool but sometimes the sun just makes u feel good
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Ron Sower

..just putzing here...couple loose ends...washing clothes to pack...polishing shoes...packing...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I didn't get my lazy ass out of bed until 8 am :-[  I'd been emailing my old lady and she said that her husband bought some long sheets of roofing tin before he died suddenly and she said that I could have it.  I didn't ask her to measure it because this lady just plunged her first toilet and tried to drill holes in a 5 gallon bucket with a Philips screwdriver instead of a drill bit ::)  I got there and they were 8' pieces and I need 10 footers.  It was a nice visit anyway...

On the way home I stopped at the little hardware store in Ellisville where I like to do business.  They don't stock tin but he said he could get it from their main store in another town.  I'm not ready for tin yet so I told him to order it for me.  I wanted 5 pieces of 10'X3' tin.  Then the guy from the main store called while I was nailing 1X4's to the rafters.  He was checking in case there was a mistake in communications, I guess.  In the process of 'splaining the dimensions of the building and which way the ridge runs I said that I knew that I would have to cut the tin and he said that he would cut it for me.  Cool!!!  Lowes won't cut tin to length but he said that he would.  I wasn't looking forward to cutting it myself.  I've never done it and although there are two ways to do it I was worried about trying it by turning the blade around on my saw and I knew that it would kill my hands doing it with tin snips.  The 5' length will fit happily in Charlotte and they'll be way easier to unload.  I'm happy ;D

I worked about 3 hrs on the building, made progress but only about a quarter as much progress as a strong knowledgeable carpenter would have made.  I have to accept the fact that I am a small, carpentry challenged woman, with hands that I abused for my entire life and that are now paying me back.  I'll get it done before the chicks get too big for their temporary house.  I always manage to do what must be done before deadline.  Seems that with things that I dislike doing or am afraid of attempting it always comes right down to deadline.   I've always been like that wfwf
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 01, 2017, 04:31:53 PM
I didn't get my lazy ass out of bed until 8 am :-[  I'd been emailing my old lady and she said that her husband bought some long sheets of roofing tin before he died suddenly and she said that I could have it.  I didn't ask her to measure it because this lady just plunged her first toilet and tried to drill holes in a 5 gallon bucket with a Philips screwdriver instead of a drill bit ::)  I got there and they were 8' pieces and I need 10 footers.  It was a nice visit anyway...

On the way home I stopped at the little hardware store in Ellisville where I like to do business.  They don't stock tin but he said he could get it from their main store in another town.  I'm not ready for tin yet so I told him to order it for me.  I wanted 5 pieces of 10'X3' tin.  Then the guy from the main store called while I was nailing 1X4's to the rafters.  He was checking in case there was a mistake in communications, I guess.  In the process of 'splaining the dimensions of the building and which way the ridge runs I said that I knew that I would have to cut the tin and he said that he would cut it for me.  Cool!!!  Lowes won't cut tin to length but he said that he would.  I wasn't looking forward to cutting it myself.  I've never done it and although there are two ways to do it I was worried about trying it by turning the blade around on my saw and I knew that it would kill my hands doing it with tin snips.  The 5' length will fit happily in Charlotte and they'll be way easier to unload.  I'm happy ;D

I worked about 3 hrs on the building, made progress but only about a quarter as much progress as a strong knowledgeable carpenter would have made.  I have to accept the fact that I am a small, carpentry challenged woman, with hands that I abused for my entire life and that are now paying me back.  I'll get it done before the chicks get too big for their temporary house.  I always manage to do what must be done before deadline.  Seems that with things that I dislike doing or am afraid of attempting it always comes right down to deadline.   I've always been like that wfwf

BUT....you get 'er dun! That' the important thing! |^| 2c2
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Tony44

Have to look it up on aol news but pretty cool. Crabs invade Cuba's Bay of Pigs
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on May 01, 2017, 05:26:12 PM
Have to look it up on aol news but pretty cool. Crabs invade Cuba's Bay of Pigs

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

Thanks Jon I can't do it no computer savvy
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

LizStreithorst

Don't feel bad.  I can post a link and that's about it.
Always move forward. Never look back.