• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 05:54:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 554
Total: 554

Thurs. morn'n coffee....

Started by Mugwump, December 08, 2016, 05:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

,,,first off, our old beater we bought just to have something to run around in, gave up the ghost 2 days ago...

...our friend, Kim, who just moved here from our old community, said to use hers....so today when Lucy went up to play golf, she barely made it to the parking lot before the batteries died (it had charged all night)...we know it needs new batteries...

...so we looked at 2 carts for sale in the area later today...I'm torn between getting an old '84 model for $1400 or a 2000 model for $2400...newer one has more whistles and buttons...both have new batteries...we're thinking we're less likely to have problems with the newer one...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 08, 2016, 10:13:45 PM
,,,first off, our old beater we bought just to have something to run around in, gave up the ghost 2 days ago...

...our friend, Kim, who just moved here from our old community, said to use hers....so today when Lucy went up to play golf, she barely made it to the parking lot before the batteries died (it had charged all night)...we know it needs new batteries...

...so we looked at 2 carts for sale in the area later today...I'm torn between getting an old '84 model for $1400 or a 2000 model for $2400...newer one has more whistles and buttons...both have new batteries...we're thinking we're less likely to have problems with the newer one...

..new batteries for yours?...$$ ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on December 09, 2016, 06:51:42 AM

..it's more thanbatteries...the cable terminal on the motor corroded and broke when I trided to replace the cable...motor is no longer made and I don't want to fool with constantly fixing an old machine...

...6 batteries are about $600...if that's all it was, I would buy them...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 09, 2016, 09:06:10 AM

..it's more thanbatteries...the cable terminal on the motor corroded and broke when I trided to replace the cable...motor is no longer made and I don't want to fool with constantly fixing an old machine...

I agree...shoot the thing and put it out of it's misery.....but...perhaps some young guy would buy it to tinker with?...or will you get a couple bucks on trade-in ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on December 09, 2016, 10:27:25 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on December 09, 2016, 09:06:10 AM

I agree...shoot the thing and put it out of it's misery.....but...perhaps some young guy would buy it to tinker with?...or will you get a couple bucks on trade-in ?
The fellow was going to give me 150 for it and the charger...I asked if I could get the brand new tires off since I just bought them...he said no...so I just towed it back here...I'll take the wheels off and put them on whatever used one I buy....he does have the $2400 one that I'm considering...

...we'll haul it over to Brian's place which has about 6 other ones over there that people are picking parts off...one of his workers need a windshield, so there you go!...Brian's doing our new shed and carport awning/cover...this guys's a piece of work! and i'm loving it...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron