• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 06:32:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 604
Total: 604

How Could I have been so blind?

Started by LizStreithorst, October 18, 2013, 07:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on October 21, 2013, 08:22:10 PM
QuoteI got lucky with that group of good HB's from George that I started with.

Now spawn those so I can buy some back please

LOL....you tell her, George...... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The ones I got from you are long gone, George.  These ones with their blood in them are the only ones I have left.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Jdmcfast

If there are ever any extras available I am interested too!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Josh

LizStreithorst

I'll let y'all know when I start seeing breeding behavior I'll let y'all know.  They're still too young to have started thinking about that stuff.

Frank The Plumber

The line is the most important part of the Half black. Fish that have any sort of incomplete line are showing a non expression tendency. Once you have your base phenotypes set you want to focus on keeping the best lined fish as your brood stock. Since the pearls are all minimally het I would keep the Hb's with the best line of Hb separation from them not just the ones expressing the pearl. If they are all het pearl anyway it's better to grab the best expressing Hb's. If you keep the fish with lateral rays or blotches you are going to focus the deleterious that causes that and on the next gens you are going to have a lot more of them and a lesser ratio of expression. Once you lock in your base pheno. cull away all of the deleterious and imediately started building towards pattern strength on the hb line of definition.

The fish that Leslie James had that shows Hb Hb Pb Pb as a barred silver is on Villas City of Angels face book page. Everyone is having a hard time recreating blue expression on these fish. Take a close look at that fish. For those who work with albino and use gold to pop their Pb coloration you will recognize what is in this fish to pop the Pb. I see albino present but I am not certain that I see gold. Pb, Gold and albino make a bright blue fish, Pb and albino make a bright sky blue fish, Pb and gold make a deep blue Pb fish. This makes for a complex situation when creating a Pb Pb Hb Hb angelfish doesn't it?  ;)

I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

LizStreithorst

I have two nice fish with a line that is not well defined.  They are not worth keeping, right?

Frank The Plumber

Keep all of them if you don't have a lot of fish that are half black. You can work with them to see what they produce. If you have a lot of fish and no space then work towards keeping only the ones with the best line.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?