• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 09:31:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 553
Total: 553

Dinner

Started by LizStreithorst, February 20, 2016, 02:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

:'( :'( :'(  Have you ever had your taste buds yearning for a certain thing that you were sure you would have and it turned out that you couldn't?  I was all ready for corned beef and cabbage.  I bought the cabbage, the little bitty red potatoes, the Guinness Stout to make it with and them went to the meat counter.  No corned beef.  They just got a shipment in today and the meat man rummaged through both coolers.  No corned beef. 

The meat man was very apologetic.  He said that another shipment would arrive Tuesday and that he would remind the meat manager to be sure that it was on the list.  The cabbage, carrots, and potatoes will last.  If the beer doesn't, I can always buy more.

I'll have left overs tonight and make the coq au vin tomorrow.  I bought a nice bottle of Pinot Noir to make it with.  It will be good.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Sorry about your Cornbeef and Cabbage Liz. I am having leftover turkey wings.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...no corned beef ???....that stinks....Applebee's for us, just got back.....food was great, our server had his head up his butt tho....really...big time...up to his shoulders....yada yada....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson