• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 08:25:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,344
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 767
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 762
Total: 763

Work day Monday

Started by LizStreithorst, February 28, 2022, 07:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Hi guys, I didn't mean to miss 2 days in a row.  I did write a post for yesterday's thread but it disappeared.  I think that's happened to all of us.  Who knows if it's due to plain stupidity or old age incompetence.

The damn back keeps getting worse.   I'm still able to deal with it, though.  Just 3 more weeks before my appointment to set up my surgery appointment.

We were cold last week.  It never dropped below freezing but it was a kick in the head after several days in the 80's  The sun is out today and it will be in the mid 60's.  I worry about my blueberries which are in bloom now.  We have another 3 weeks to go before the average last frost date.

I have a box of fish to ship out today.  Other than that, only normal chores.  Barb, hope your throat feels better today.  Is it time yet to start my annual seeds?  I don't think I'll get much planted this year, but there are a few things I want to get started. 
What's up with all of y'all today?  Hope just good stuff.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi Liz and the rest as you pop in...

Sad to learn that your back just keeps getting worse, Liz...I hope the surgery will give you lots of relief...
Barb, how's your throat doing?...

It's 65 right now and semi-overcast...sposed to reach 78 today...

Not much planned for today...Lucy's getting her nails done...I'll just hang around here and do some fishroom putzing...then go to my pain doc at 1pm...

Enjoy the day, folks!... 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, about the duckweed.  It will take a long time to totally conquer it.  Even after all this time I find a teeny tiny leaf in a few tanks that I need to net out.  I'm not buying more plants at all because I'm sure the duckweed came in on purchased plants.  But once you get your floater tank totally clean I sure would like to buy some dwarf water lettuce from you.  I sacrificed almost all of mine when I nuked the tanks that were heavily invaded by duckweed.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 28, 2022, 11:49:59 AM
Ron, about the duckweed.  It will take a long time to totally conquer it.  Even after all this time I find a teeny tiny leaf in a few tanks that I need to net out.  I'm not buying more plants at all because I'm sure the duckweed came in on purchased plants.  But once you get your floater tank totally clean I sure would like to buy some dwarf water lettuce from you.  I sacrificed almost all of mine when I nuked the tanks that were heavily invaded by duckweed.
...I am getting there...the problem is skipping a few days of diligence!!!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron