• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 11:32:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 613
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 542
Total: 543

Leftovers night...

Started by Mugwump, November 02, 2015, 03:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...got the oven on warming potatoes are rotten, green beans, pork chops....and whatever else we can find in the fridge....chicken??...who knows??...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Leftovers for me, too. It will be better warmed up than it was yesterday.  The dang recipe call for no salt so I did what it said. It needed salt and a squeeze of lemon.  A bit of Cajun seasoning might not have done it any harm, either.  It's too late for the Cajun seasoning now but the salt was added last night and the 1/4 slice of lemon I will squirt into it was it is almost ready to eat will make it perfect,     Hummm...I need to make some flavorful kinda crunchy rice with the soup broth that I can add to the bottom of the soup bowl so the hot soup can make it more tender. 

Off to the kitchen, folks ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I'm full....very, very full......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Mine was excellent as well.  I'm as full and well satisfied as a fat mama tick ready to turn loose from the dog.

wsantia1

Leftover meatloaf and a baked (microwaved) potato. Very good. Probably the same thing tomorrow.Or maybe some leftover fried chicken.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 02, 2015, 05:41:08 PM
Leftover meatloaf and a baked (microwaved) potato. Very good. Probably the same thing tomorrow.Or maybe some leftover fried chicken.

Ah, 'bakers' are terrific... sour cream/chives?? .....MMM....I think we'll have some 'twice baked' potatoes here soon...yum yum..
Jon

ilroost

Must be the nite of the leftovers. Same here, left over swiss steak

LizStreithorst

God only knows what I'll have tomorrow.  I should have cooked the collards and pig tails today but I didn't.  Perhaps I'll go to the Mexican joint for a guacamole salad and two soft tacos made with corn tortillas and steak.  It is good and authentic.  I'll have to run to the store first to get a raw jalapeno. Last time I went there and asked for jalapeno on it they put the canned crap on it.  When I want Mexican I don't want pickled shit.  I want the heat.  You just can't get that here in the States.  Up here they don't make the food with the same fire built into it.

Then again I might come home, and bake a nice tater.  Twice baked are more work but they sure are worth it.  Need crumbles of bacon, too.  Twiced baked with too much butter, almost too much sour cream, the right amount of chives and crumbled bacon on top.  Perfection.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 02, 2015, 06:07:18 PM
God only knows what I'll have tomorrow.  I should have cooked the collards and pig tails today but I didn't.  Perhaps I'll go to the Mexican joint for a guacamole salad and two soft tacos made with corn tortillas and steak.  It is good and authentic.  I'll have to run to the store first to get a raw jalapeno. Last time I went there and asked for jalapeno on it they put the canned crap on it.  When I want Mexican I don't want pickled shit.  I want the heat.  You just can't get that here in the States.  Up here they don't make the food with the same fire built into it.

Then again I might come home, and bake a nice tater.  Twice baked are more work but they sure are worth it.  Need crumbles of bacon, too.  Twiced baked with too much butter, almost too much sour cream, the right amount of chives and crumbled bacon on top.  Perfection.

These sure do taste fine.... |^|

We get bigger too, if they don't get picked too early....LOL....remind me next year, I'll send a bunch...... w!w...you can slice em length wise, leave the seeds and stuff with cheddar, or sausage, or both.....grill em a bit....yum yum.....'poppers'....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Those are things of beauty.  I love peppers sweet like Bells, medium like Poblano's or hot like jalapenos's.  I used to grow them all myself.  I could again if I got the desire back.

My heart yearns for the simple battered and fried Poblano pepper with a small piece of farmer's cheese hidden inside.  I tried to make them myself more that once but I never succeeded in making them close to as good as what I was served at cheap hole in the wall place in Mexico.