• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 02:54:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 756
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 728
Total: 728

Vocabulary quiz....

Started by Mugwump, February 06, 2015, 08:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Depends on what words they give up. First one I got 2450. Second time different words 3250.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on February 06, 2015, 09:52:26 AM
Depends on what words they give up. First one I got 2450. Second time different words 3250.

Yep, it rolls the quiz's around some.......which is nice... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

I always did the 'Reader's Digest' quiz's too, when we got the magazine....here's another little vocabulary quiz....

http://www.vocabulary.co.il/word-play/vocabulary-quiz/
Jon

PaulineMi

I got 2740.  Was surprised that "Imminent"  means "threatening ".  To me that says an imminent threat is a threatening threat.  Guess I'll  go Google it.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 06, 2015, 02:34:52 PM
I got 2740.  Was surprised that "Imminent"  means "threatening ".  To me that says an imminent threat is a threatening threat.  Guess I'll  go Google it.

adjective: imminent

about to happen.
    "they were in imminent danger of being swept away"
    synonyms:   impending, close (at hand), near, (fast) approaching, coming, forthcoming, on the way, in the offing, in the pipeline, on the horizon, in the air, just around the corner, coming down the pike, expected, anticipated, brewing, looming, threatening, menacing;
    informalin the cards
    "a ceasefire was imminent"

Jon

GraphicGr8s

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

LizStreithorst

3000.  I got one wrong :-[ :-[  Gonna take another now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

3620 second time around.  I can do better.  I was slow on a couple.  I want to do it again and again and again.  I love words.  They're one of the few things I'm good at that is unrelated to animals.  I sure wish that I could spell the dang things ;D ;D

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 06, 2015, 05:51:36 PM
3620 second time around.  I can do better.  I was slow on a couple.  I want to do it again and again and again.  I love words.  They're one of the few things I'm good at that is unrelated to animals.  I sure wish that I could spell the dang things ;D ;D
I did one perfect with 9 seconds per answer highest I got was 3650

LizStreithorst

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on February 06, 2015, 06:29:20 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 06, 2015, 05:51:36 PM
I did one perfect with 9 seconds per answer highest I got was 3650

Hummm...Perhaps I cannot do better that 3620.  I still want to try.  I can't try now.  I shall try again tomorrow after work and before beer.

LizStreithorst

I tried again and got 2700 even though I missed one because of too much beer and one because I had no idea.  I checked the leader board and today's highest score was 4200!!!!  That guy must be a fast responder and got words he knew.  I can be fast, but the game depends on the luck of the draw. 

Ron Sower

First run 2900. Second 3700.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron