• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 05:02:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 515
Total: 515

New

Started by JC, January 30, 2015, 06:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

I just got this in the mail today!  Really excited to try it out. It'll have to wait until next thur/fri though because I work all weekend and fly out to Orlando for a mtg on Monday

JC

Also got one of these for one of my 20's. I really like these lights a lot. Going to switch all lights in the fishroom to them gradually

Mugwump

My lights are 'Beamswork' LED's too....luv em.....and H O T mag's rock.. ;D......you can use the basket with floss/carbon too.....very handy....Big Al's has great prices on the micro paper cartridges...
http://www.bigalspets.com/           they carry the spare parts too... ;D.....just remember to fill it with water before turning on......instant "boomba".....

..good pick ups  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

A spare micro paper filter allows you to switch them out. One can be cleaned in a bleach water solution while the other is in the filter being used in the tank.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 31, 2015, 11:35:11 AM
A spare micro paper filter allows you to switch them out. One can be cleaned in a bleach water solution while the other is in the filter being used in the tank.  :)

I just took two out that I've had soaking....always have several extras around... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

Thanks for the tips and link guys.

Mugwump

So How do you like it so far ???.....if you use an extension cord, you can move it around easier too...
Jon

JC

I haven't used it yet. I just got back from Orlando late last night. I need to get caught up on WC's and I'll get it all set up