• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 04:40:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 765
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 740
Total: 740

Friday's first cup...

Started by Mugwump, March 04, 2016, 06:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee's really good this morn'n....in the teens now, upper 30's later, with snow tonight.....warming up over the weekend tho...50's on Sunday for the swap...then 50/60's all next week... ;D..but plenty of rain too..

..a bit of swap prep today, and some water changes.....then the usual putz'n...yada yada... |^|

I like how it's getting lighter outside earlier now... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

First pot down. Very very good. Snowed most of the night. I have about 3 inches on my deck and grass. Pavement is ok. Supposed to all be melted by this afternoon. In the 70s by next week. Is this the last snow? huh

Ready to dismantle my leaking 55 so that I can return it to the store. Getting the sand out will be the biggest issue. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 04, 2016, 06:57:36 AM
First pot down. Very very good. Snowed most of the night. I have about 3 inches on my deck and grass. Pavement is ok. Supposed to all be melted by this afternoon. In the 70s by next week. Is this the last snow? huh

Ready to dismantle my leaking 55 so that I can return it to the store. Getting the sand out will be the biggest issue. ::)

...use a paint brush....with tank on end...put an old rag under the end to catch the last bits...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..whhoops...forgot  huh....we on pot #2..and it gets better and better.. |^|
Jon

Barb

Hi Jon and Willie, good coffee here too, my favorite is still Hazelnut.  Would you believe this is our second year with no snow?  I do wish we had a bit, say an inch or two.  All we have is cold, rain and wind.  Sure am looking forward to Spring.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 04, 2016, 07:05:24 AM

...use a paint brush....with tank on end...put an old rag under the end to catch the last bits...

I think I prefer to use my shop vac for the leftover sand. lol
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 04, 2016, 07:46:14 AM

..paint brush will get the edges and corners better..... |^|..remember that sand will still be wet..
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 04, 2016, 08:02:14 AM

..paint brush will get the edges and corners better..... |^|..remember that sand will still be wet..

Clean as new with the shop vac. All packed up in the box it came in. Tank is up the steps now. Gravity doesn't work well going up the steps but I made it. Good thing it was protected in the box. I could slide it some. lol
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 04, 2016, 08:37:01 AM

Clean as new with the shop vac. All packed up in the box it came in. Tank is up the steps now. Gravity doesn't work well going up the steps but I made it. Good thing it was protected in the box. I could slide it some. lol

...be careful...
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 04, 2016, 09:01:34 AM

...be careful...

Mission accomplished. New setup is down in the basement. I even got a extra LED light out of the deal. If I was not so honest I would have given them an old Penguin 350 in exchange for the new one that came with the setup but I didn't. mim mim mim mim mim
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 04, 2016, 10:05:42 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 04, 2016, 09:01:34 AM

...be careful...

Mission accomplished. New setup is down in the basement. I even got a extra LED light out of the deal. If I was not so honest I would have given them an old Penguin 350 in exchange for the new one that came with the setup but I didn't. mim mim mim mim mim

Cool......it won't take long to get it running now... |^| w!w |^|
Jon