• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 05:22:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 765
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 741
Total: 741

Monday's coffee moment....

Started by Mugwump, February 29, 2016, 05:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....coffee's very good....hopefully, I can wake up here soon...the last week has been really busy with helping to move the kids, etal...it's catching up with me now....yesterday's lazy day turned into a lot of running around, plus doing a bunch in the fish room..

Marshall, and family, are in Denver now and beginning a new and exciting life for themselves. I know that they'll do well.  ;D

Checked the weather this morning and it's going to get nasty here...they're saying early this evening, but we'll get it by us around mid afternoon...ice/sleet/snow/high winds....oh joy...

The National Weather Service in Chicago has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect from 6 PM this
evening to 9 am CST Tuesday.

* Timing... light rain will become mixed with freezing
  rain... sleet... and snow this evening... then become all snow
  during the early morning hours Tuesday.

* Snow accumulation... between 2 to 4 inches of snowfall is
  expected late tonight through Tuesday morning.

* Other impacts... strong northeasterly winds will gust between 25
  to 35 mph at times. The combination of snow and gusty winds
  will create significantly reduced visibilities to around one
  half mile at times. This will cause dangerous travel conditions.

Precautionary/preparedness actions... "
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..the sun came out!!!....Pot#2...and I'm actually waking up.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I am up too. Happy Leap Day. Coffee is good but it will start raining in a few so it is pretty dreary outside right now.

The good news is that the rain is supposed to pass over in a couple of hours and then we will get sunshine for the rest of the day. Temps will hit 60 but it will be windy.

Just some putzing and water changes today.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

High around 75 today.  Rain coming in tomorrow evening.  I'll be making a trip to the LFS in a bit to deliver fish and to the veterinary hospital.  I called my vet last night and he said that his microscope lady was coming tomorrow.  I'm taking mine in for a good cleaning.  I haven't been able to see through it since I had it stored in the barn for a few months after I first moved back home.  Then back here to bag more fish and take them to the shop.  After that, my first WC without prazi and moving fish around.  I have blue marble and blue platinum kids that are about to burst out of the 60 wide they're in.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

LOL, at first I thought it said Monday's coffee movement

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on February 29, 2016, 07:41:09 PM
LOL, at first I thought it said Monday's coffee movement

LOL.......'Bowels gotta move, teepee full of Sh*t.....LOL.....remember that one?>..
Jon