• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 05:40:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 766
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 765
Total: 765

R.I.P.

Started by Rjb3, February 28, 2016, 08:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

Most of you don't know my Mother died last week. It was sudden. She went quickly without pain. Her funeral was Tuesday. She was 86.

Yesterday afternoon, my brother called to say Dad has taken a turn for the worse. I planned to visit him one last time after I finished work. Then the second call came in. Not good news. I left work and Gale and I drove in to see him. I got the chance to tell him three things. First, I thanked him for all the help he gave me my whole life. Then, I told him I loved him. Lastly, I said even though I'd be sad that he was gone it was okay that he leave us and go to be with Mom. She was waiting for him.

He left us last evening at 9:45 to be with her.

Barb

I am sorry for your loss of both parents at the same time.  But they are now together.  Sending my best wishes to you Bob.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I'm so sorry my Captain.  You will be in my thoughts.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

......That's sad..but yes, now they can be together forever....thoughts and prayers your way my friend....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

wsantia1

Sorry to hear about your parents.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

I'm so sorry for your loss Bob. My condolences.

Dennis

Marc (NJ)

So sorry for your loss.

Rjb3

Thanks again everyone. At first I wasn't sure about talking publicly about my situation. I'm glad I did. You've all made me feel better in an unthinkable situation.

I've always said God won't give you more than you can handle. It's time to test that theory.

Ron Sower

Cap'n...I know it's a big loss, especially both so close together. I can only echo the nice things others have said here. I will add that I"m so glad you made the opportunity to make that last trip to see him. If your experience is like several of mine have been, it will give you a warm feeling every time you thing of him. I hope you had the same opportunity with your Mom too.

I extend my condolences to you, pal.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

JR

I am sorry for your loss Bob. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

ilroost

So sorry for your loss

BillT