• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 06:25:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 841
Total: 841

Sunday's coffee..

Started by Mugwump, February 28, 2016, 05:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee's very good, been up for a while now....but blah...

..40's already here, headed again to the mid 50's before crashing by tonight and snowing....oh joy.... huh

,,,more coffee now..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is very good. The sun is out, there are light winds and while in the 30s right now the temps will be in the mid 60s later today. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Taking a ride down I95 to DC (Silver Spring) later today. I probably will get a bite to eat and take in a movie with my lady friend.  mim mim mim

Did all of my putzing in the fishroom yesterday so the fishies are on their own today. I will leave the adult tanks dark and let them fast. The fry and Altums will get fed. 8)

The new free swimming Koi got their first taste of microworms this morning and boy did they jump on it. Warms my heart to see them eating like that. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 28, 2016, 06:46:51 AM
Coffee is very good. The sun is out, there are light winds and while in the 30s right now the temps will be in the mid 60s later today. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Taking a ride down I95 to DC (Silver Spring) later today. I probably will get a bite to eat and take in a movie with my lady friend.  mim mim mim

Did all of my putzing in the fishroom yesterday so the fishies are on their own today. I will leave the adult tanks dark and let them fast. The fry and Altums will get fed. 8)

The new free swimming Koi got their first taste of microworms this morning and boy did they jump on it. Warms my heart to see them eating like that. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

...yes, micro worms do get them eating quick... ;D...I feed my fry them between bbs feedings sometimes....good snacks |^|

..have a fun day down in DC....travel safe...eat good too  ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #?.... ;D    fry water changes this morn'n, then it's a lazy day here... |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

I'm hoping for a lazy day here too.  IT work winding down.....  seems as though my stress level has been out-of-sight here the past several weeks.  Need some down time.

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 28, 2016, 06:59:32 AM

...yes, micro worms do get them eating quick... ;D...I feed my fry them between bbs feedings sometimes....good snacks |^|

And they won't foul up the tank while I'm gone either. |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

I need to rest today, spent hours yesterday picking up thousands of sticks on the 3 acres of our old house.  Bad storms last week brought them down.  It is all up to me to do the work,
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on February 28, 2016, 08:17:12 AM
I need to rest today, spent hours yesterday picking up thousands of sticks on the 3 acres of our old house.  Bad storms last week brought them down.  It is all up to me to do the work,
Barb

...good idea Barb, a good chill out day does wonders... ;D |^| ;D
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 28, 2016, 07:57:35 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 28, 2016, 06:59:32 AM

And they won't foul up the tank while I'm gone either. |^|

nope...that's if any survive not getting eaten...LOL  |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Thank God I did my last Prazi treatment last night.  Soon things will be back to normal.  You can's imagine what I what a huge time consuming PITA it has been doing wipe downs and flopping on the bottom WCs on 21 tanks, but you have to do it when the glass is slimy and the water is thick and cloudy.

The Beast 'bout killed me with the cleaning I did on him, last weekend.  He took an entire day and I was so worn out that the following day that I only did basic necessary stuff.  Today I'll just do general  house cleaning, and picking up fallen branches and limbs and hauling them in Charlotte to the burn pile.  Winds are calm today so I can burn.  I must bathe Charlotte today.  I'll wait until next weekend to wax her.

Tomorrow I get to take fish to the LFS.  He wants 1 each of small, med, and large Angels.  The dear man  is also taking 10 of my worthless dots.  I have mature males in their fancy breeding garb.  Surely they will sell fast and he'll want more soon.  When I get home I'll net all my guppies, a some dots, and a few angels and take them to the 125 at the shop.  I will also rid myself of all that gravel in the dot and guppy tanks.  I am as careful as I can be but the damn stuff has 'bout ruined the impeller on my fancy-dancy  pump. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 28, 2016, 09:12:04 AM
Thank God I did my last Prazi treatment last night.  Soon things will be back to normal.  You can's imagine what I what a huge time consuming PITA it has been doing wipe downs and flopping on the bottom WCs on 21 tanks, but you have to do it when the glass is slimy and the water is thick and cloudy.

The Beast 'bout killed me with the cleaning I did on him, last weekend.  He took an entire day and I was so worn out that the following day that I only did basic necessary stuff.  Today I'll just do general  house cleaning, and picking up fallen branches and limbs and hauling them in Charlotte to the burn pile.  Winds are calm today so I can burn.  I must bathe Charlotte today.  I'll wait until next weekend to wax her.

Tomorrow I get to take fish to the LFS.  He wants 1 each of small, med, and large Angels.  The dear man  is also taking 10 of my worthless dots.  I have mature males in their fancy breeding garb.  Surely they will sell fast and he'll want more soon.  When I get home I'll net all my guppies, a some dots, and a few angels and take them to the 125 at the shop.  I will also rid myself of all that gravel in the dot and guppy tanks.  I am as careful as I can be but the damn stuff has 'bout ruined the impeller on my fancy-dancy  pump.

..fry tanks changed, but I need to hit Farm & Fleet for a couple sediment/carbon filters....the tube refill hose is running awful slow....winter water stinks, I just put new filters in Jan 29th....sheesh..

We'll always willing to take any dots if you get overload....

Jon

LizStreithorst

House shines.  Alas Charlotte does not.  I promised her I'd do her tomorrow.  She's an easy job, but I was pooped.
Always move forward. Never look back.