• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 04:05:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 765
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 756
Total: 756

Sat. Morn'n coffee...

Started by Mugwump, February 27, 2016, 06:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..and a splendid cup it is...MMMmmmm

....Mid 50's today, partly cloudy too....we'll take it!!!!   

..putz'n slow today...the moving muscles need a rest...some water changes, etc. too...

for now, more coffee....we'll start slow this AM...and work up to speed...LOL..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Brewing up the third pot now.  Been at it since 3:30am.  Changing website host for a client http://fhbonn.com  The website is easy, it's reconfiguring all the email accounts that's a pain   ::)

Dennis

wsantia1

Coffee is great. A little old out here but temps are going up into the 40s with mild winds and sunshine so I'll take it. Tomorrow it will be in the 60s. We'll see if it gets that high.

Some light putzing downstairs. I will do light WCs on fry & Altum tanks and check that the BBs is ready to go. Koi wigglers appear ready for take off soon. A few more days for the BM wigglers. With that in mind replaced one microworm culture and freshened up another. We are good to go here. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

,,about done here with pot #2.....it seems a trip to WallyWorld is in order............we're low on coffee....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

....whew....we got the last of the stuff out of the Tahoe... w!w
Jon

Ron Sower

Morning guys... and gals!  ...up at regular time this morning...8:30.  Gotta go get the coffee.

I'm going to Olympia this morning to pick up those 8 large cultures of microworms to distribute through the club. Rest of the day will have a bunch of odds and ends to do...including some more time online on my CE courses for updating my license.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 27, 2016, 07:26:29 AM

Koi wigglers appear ready for take off soon.

Take off accomplished. Slate pulled and new batch of bbs started. They will get Microworms tonight if necessary. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 27, 2016, 11:02:56 AM

Take off accomplished. Slate pulled and new batch of bbs started. They will get Microworms tonight if necessary. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

|^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|.....Boomba !!!....we have lift off... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 27, 2016, 11:08:48 AM

These are the Koi with the great genetics so I have to make sure they get all of the carotene they need to express properly. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 27, 2016, 11:18:08 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 27, 2016, 11:08:48 AM

These are the Koi with the great genetics so I have to make sure they get all of the carotene they need to express properly. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

... |^|..it can make all the difference in the world.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Nice day today.  Sunny without a cloud in the sky.  Highs in the mid 60's.  Tomorrow will be even better.  Highs around 70. 

I bought  the last load of hay I should need for the year for the rotten horses.  I went to Auto Zone and spent too much money there as I generally do.  Cleaning up the Beast ran me out of some of the products I use, and I found something new I wanted to try.  Best of all,  after I went to my favorite supermarket yesterday and they still had no corned beef, I stopped buy a lesser quality supermarket and there was corned beef.  I shall feast tonight.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Back from my visit with the guy with the white worms for me.  What a nice surprise!  The fellow I met today down in Lacey actually, not as far south as Olympia, was Ed Stansbury.  Any of you know of him? http://www.amazon.com/Breeding-Raising-Angelfishes-Edward-Stansbury/dp/0793805635

He has shut down his aquarium hobby altogether but has kept his white worm cultures until today. A very interesting naturalist with undergraduate and some graduate work similar to mine and it was such a great time to share experiences and gather some knowledge from him. I was mostly concentrating on his WW culture methods and the 'whys'' for what he does (did). Now I will carry that on, keeping 1 of the 8 cultures and sharing the rest with the club members, If ever any of you want a culture start, let me know and I'll send one your way. I'm going to write up his culturing method for the club's newsletter and will be happy to send you what I write if you want that.

He used to raise Red Wag Platys back in the 50s/60s and fed them only live foods. If a female didn't produce at leas 120 offspring per litter, he would sell them off!! He would get as many as 245 per litter sometimes...!  He doesn't seem to me to be the liar sort.

He lives right on a small lake so we went down to his boat dock and netted a bunch of Daphnia for me to start another culture this year!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...I'd loved to have been a fly on the wall hearing you two talk.....nice visit !
Jon