• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 06:58:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 530
Total: 531

crazy angels

Started by greydragon, June 14, 2014, 04:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greydragon

i received a pair of angels from Ted the male is manacapuru x koi and the female is also manacapuru x koi, well they are laying eggs as i type they are putting them on the slate but they are putting them on the back side of the slate.do they do this to hide the eggs like they would need to in the wild?this first set of eggs i will pull and raise but after this i will let them raise ,i want to see what they will through.also the male is a meanie he has ripped the female fins to shredds what should i do to help her out? thanks for any help that you can give to me Robert Wright

wsantia1

Quote from: greydragon on June 14, 2014, 04:19:25 PM
i received a pair of angels from Ted the male is manacapuru x koi and the female is also manacapuru x koi, well they are laying eggs as i type they are putting them on the slate but they are putting them on the back side of the slate.do they do this to hide the eggs like they would need to in the wild?this first set of eggs i will pull and raise but after this i will let them raise ,i want to see what they will through.also the male is a meanie he has ripped the female fins to shredds what should i do to help her out? thanks for any help that you can give to me Robert Wright

Hi Robert. I have a pair (Plat male x Mana x female) that are doing the same thing. (laying eggs on the back side of the slate). I got a lot of white eggs the last time they spawned.  I think the male could not cover all of the eggs from underneath the slate. I'm interested in finding out how yours make out. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..yup, had that happen a few times, not much of a spawn survive tho....Willie's right, it's difficult for the male to fertilize....

...as for the aggression....use a partition...or just move him/her temporally ...?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson