• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 04:20:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 570
Total: 570

(2) caves full...

Started by Mugwump, August 19, 2015, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

L144 male with (2) females worth of eggs....and the Albino male is on eggs from an Albino LF female, spawns pop about half LF fry... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Won't be long now.... 8)   
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

What are you feeding them to induce spawning? Same as what you feed for your other fish?
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 22, 2015, 09:13:21 PM
What are you feeding them to induce spawning? Same as what you feed for your other fish?

I feed Bob's pellets, blood worms, zucchini,cucumber,etc., and yes, they get the 'leftovers' from feeding the other fish too....and a cool water change helps sometimes to get em going...
Jon

Mugwump

...they're all over the place in there now....a couple creeping close to the cave opening.... :D....both caves
Jon

Mugwump

...a few out here and there.... ;D
Jon

big b

Wow  that's pretty cool  8).

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on August 25, 2015, 07:04:53 PM
Wow  that's pretty cool  8).

Baby BN's(snots) are cool... ;D.....when they eat off the bottom it's chaos with them running everywhere....LOL
Jon

big b

Why are they called snots?

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on August 25, 2015, 07:23:54 PM
Why are they called snots?

LOL....It just happened....I think it was said, by Liz and me, that the little snots do a whale of a job cleaning, or something...and it just stuck... 8)
Jon

big b

Oh I get it. I am actually planning to breed my bristlenose plecos. That is if they would show an interest in each other  >:(. Do you have any advice for me?

LizStreithorst

It was Mug who first called them little snots.  It tickled me and I've been referring to them as snots ever since.  Same kind of things happened with Pearl Gourami fry.  They are so tiny when they hatch out I called them dots.  Now we all refer to them as dots.

Hang around with the same group of people long enough and a new language develops Just one small of the joys of being a member of this forum =;-)
Always move forward. Never look back.

big b

Yeah I know what you're talking about. My mom once called our dog "doglett" and it just sort of stuck.

Ron Sower

"doglett"......hmmmm....I like that! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

big b

Yep it was pretty funny the first time. When we called him that, he turned his haed to the side a bit as if he was questioning us  :P.