• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 06:01:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 560
Total: 560

Meat loaf and potatoes....

Started by Mugwump, October 13, 2013, 02:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I just made a meat loaf, and popped in the oven. I used chopped green pepper/chopped onion/chopped tomatoes/an egg/bread crumbs/few good dashes of Worcestershire/(1) sm can tomato sauce ....cut potatoes, and put baby carrots around it..little salt/pepper and off we go.... ;D...it's going to smell awfully good in here in a bit....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Do you put 3/4 hamburger and 1/4 sausage? I found it is a little more moist that way

LizStreithorst

Makes me in the mood for meat loaf.  I make mine with 2/3 ground chuck and 1/3 italian sausage, chopped onion, an egg, white bread crumbs,  chopped green pepper, lots of pepper, a good bit of salt, ketchup (the only time I use the vile stuff)  I grate my carrots and put them in the loaf itself.  Cooking it with small potatoes and cut up parsnips along side is more my style.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I use ground chuck, always...best flavor too. Mine stay pretty moist. I cook covered until about the last 1/2 hour... topping with some catsup, for a glaze.....there are times when some grd sausage or grd pork are good for a little variety........
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

I have to admit....the meal was sooooo good. Now the fun begins, meat loaf sandwiches...MMmmm...now where did I put that horseradish???
Jon

Ron Sower

That did It!!!  I just told Linda, ''I'm ready for meatloaf''! Your all's sound really good, but her's is the best I've ever eaten.  I'm getting ready to fatten up for the winter!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 13, 2013, 09:05:27 PM
That did It!!!  I just told Linda, ''I'm ready for meatloaf''! Your all's sound really good, but her's is the best I've ever eaten.  I'm getting ready to fatten up for the winter!

Yep, meatloaf, like pot roast, is usually a work in progress. I know that I throw them together in different ways, dependent on taste wanted, and what's available in the fridge.  ;D...A pot roast can be great in many varieties, and then sometimes making a boiled beef dinner with one, with wide noodles, sounds better. ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I just made and ate mine.  Best thing I have ever eaten!  (I said that last week about my chicken stew)  I used 1/2 Italian sausage and 1/2 ground chuck.  A leaner cut of meat would work since the sausage itself is so fatty.  Onion, garlic, green pepper, green onions , carrots, Worcestershire, ketchup, bread crumbs and an egg.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Good stuff!, Maynard.....ever use left over meat loaf in your spaghetti sauce?....MMMmmmm
Jon

Ron Sower

The ONLY WAY TO EAT LEFTOVER MEATLOAF in my opinion is as meatloaf sandwiches!  With thickly lathered on mayonnaise or Miracle Whip!
I think I'll ask Linda to make us some leftover meatloaf now!  (Can that be done?)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 18, 2013, 12:01:04 AM
The ONLY WAY TO EAT LEFTOVER MEATLOAF in my opinion is as meatloaf sandwiches!  With thickly lathered on mayonnaise or Miracle Whip!
I think I'll ask Linda to make us some leftover meatloaf now!  (Can that be done?)

With only the two of us, we make extra just to have the leftovers for lunches, etc. Meat loaf sandwich with horseradish rules.. ;D...altho, Mayo and ground pepper has it's time too.. ;D Shoot, nuke a piece to have with scrambled eggs...MMMmmmm
Jon

Barb

I made it too, and it is really good! Used 2/3 gr. beef and 1/3 mild sausage, and all the stuff Jon and Liz used.  Bill didn't even know he was eating carrots and green peppers in his meatloaf.
Barb