• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 01:09:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 767
Total: 767

second try

Started by LizStreithorst, March 01, 2015, 03:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 04, 2015, 02:50:05 PM
I checked the tank as soon as I got home from work and my heart sank.  Dad was mouthing the white stuff on the cone but there was nary a wiggler to be seen :'(  Then I looked around and found that they'd been moved to the sponge's lift tube ;D ;D ;D  It appears that there's about 60 of them.

...cool beans.....the adventure continues.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

They went free swiming on the 5th.  They didn't attach to the parents so I was feeding them BBS.  Yesterday after work there were fewer of them but the parents were guarding them from the Angels next door.  This morning only 3 are left.  No dead bodies in view.  They must have become a midnight snack.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

The parents must have figured out that if they didn't attach....they were aliens....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

They get to try again.  The same two pairs spawned at the same time and I swapped cones.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 08, 2015, 06:43:01 PM
They get to try again.  The same two pairs spawned at the same time and I swapped cones.

...d?j? vu ???
Jon

LizStreithorst

Well, it's not like I need more fry from HB's ATM.  Besides, the female of the Angel pair is the one I have chosen to put with the handsome dude you'll be sending.  She's a nice fish and a proven parent raiser.  I hope her new fella turns her on and that she turns him on.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 08, 2015, 07:17:22 PM
Well, it's not like I need more fry from HB's ATM.  Besides, the female of the Angel pair is the one I have chosen to put with the handsome dude you'll be sending.  She's a nice fish and a proven parent raiser.  I hope her new fella turns her on and that she turns him on.

Ah.....playing Cupid.....cool, good choice.....

PM me which address to use..... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

The fry went free swimming this morning.  This afternoon, the "parents" have them herded into a corner.  They didn't do this last time.  My hope are hot high that this will work, but it would be so cool if it did 8)

LizStreithorst

The kids started attaching today.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 17, 2015, 07:53:38 PM
The kids started attaching today.

Discus fry attaching to the angels....??....or angel fry to the discus?
Jon

LizStreithorst

Angels attaching to the Discus pair.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 17, 2015, 07:57:56 PM
Angels attaching to the Discus pair.

That is way cool....any pics???.........(you knew that I'd ask) ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

It just started after WC tonight.  Lights are out now.  I'll see what I can do tomorrow but they'll be crappy pics.  The glass on the tank they're in is all beat up. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 17, 2015, 08:25:05 PM
It just started after WC tonight.  Lights are out now.  I'll see what I can do tomorrow but they'll be crappy pics.  The glass on the tank they're in is all beat up.

That's ok....document the experiment, like a min-journal....pics etc......it'd make a fine reference, etc for us all.......by the way, great job !! ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Don't congratulate me yet.