• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 05:47:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 852
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 839
Total: 839

Got eggs

Started by LizStreithorst, July 23, 2014, 03:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Size Does Not Matter    ::)
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on August 08, 2014, 10:40:20 AM
Size Does Not Matter    ::)
Barb

A lot of times it's out does the job, and is gone..unlike the female tube which is slower to withdraw after spawning....just my observation....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I took the cage off the cone after WC this evening.  They say not to, but I did.  I'd blown several wigglers off the cone  during WC.  The parents didn't seem to care.  After I took off the cage dad was scavenging around picking up kids and putting them back on the cone.  It is what parents are supposed to do.

I have the greatest anticipation of a good outcome.  It will have been a long time coming.  I've said that the Discus broke my heart.  Apparently they didn't.  I give up when my heart gets broken.  I did not give up.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

That's super, Liz... ;D don't forget some pics, when you can....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Wouldn't you know....the female is laying eggs again ::)  The current kids should free swim tomorrow.

It's OK.  I have faith in this pair.  The female is still young and stupid.  Perhaps she didn't know she had wigglers with a cage over the cone.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 09, 2014, 12:54:24 PM
Wouldn't you know....the female is laying eggs again ::)  The current kids should free swim tomorrow.

It's OK.  I have faith in this pair.  The female is still young and stupid.  Perhaps she didn't know she had wigglers with a cage over the cone.

Stupid, doubt it...fertile, you betcha  LOL... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

So far the male has showed no interest in her antics.  Tally whacker firmly inside him.  He's all about the existing kids which for me is good. 

I'll try to post pics but they will be unedited.  The photo software on this computer is terrible.    Ah for my Microsoft Office Picture Manager that left me forever when I got this new thing.  Thank goodness I have a polite breeding cone in with the pair.

LizStreithorst

Can't post pics >:(  My file is too big and this junk software doesn't have the option to reduce. 

I need to buy good photo software but I don't know what to buy.  It only needs options to Auto correct for color, crop, and resize.  I'm open to suggestions.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 09, 2014, 02:14:34 PM
Can't post pics >:(  My file is too big and this junk software doesn't have the option to reduce. 

I need to buy good photo software but I don't know what to buy.  It only needs options to Auto correct for color, crop, and resize.  I'm open to suggestions.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Free-Windows-7-Image-Resizer-Powertoy-Available-for-Download-120820.shtml

this should work with Windows 8 too..... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

That won't do.  I need one that will auto correct, crop, AND resize.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 09, 2014, 03:05:17 PM
That won't do.  I need one that will auto correct, crop, AND resize.

HUH??.....this is same one that I use...if you want to edit pics, use MS Paint....I'd think the MS 8 would have something similar in a photo proggie.......right click the start button, chose 'explore'...look down the program folders for a program.....being a factory install...there's something to use, I'm sure...
Jon

Barb

I use Photo Razor, works great Liz.
Barb

b125killer

I use photo bucket.  But you have to embed the code onto the post. It's not to bad.  Just click the little chain button, copy the Img code, then past it to the thread.  On the plus side you don't have to resize you pics.
Oh good luck with the wigglers.
Scott

Mugwump

...are they all up and about now ????... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Yes but since the parents are PB s attachment isn't easy.