• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 01:21:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 522
Total: 522

Sunday....

Started by Mugwump, June 30, 2019, 07:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

......the day of rest......?.....heading to the fish room for some putx'n...need to move some fry....cull.....yada yada...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...9am and it's 82 already...and humid....heat index 90degs......looks like a pretty warm day brewing here......wish we had a pool  :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Rest my ass.  I've been out since 7 mowing (you were right mug, it was just flooded).  The mower ran out of gas and I'm ready for a bit of rest myself.  Is soon as I cool down I'll gas her up again and have another go at it.  You have no idea how much I have missed mowing in the 3 weeks I was waiting for parts.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 30, 2019, 08:50:46 AM
Rest my ass.  I've been out since 7 mowing (you were right mug, it was just flooded).  The mower ran out of gas and I'm ready for a bit of rest myself.  Is soon as I cool down I'll gas her up again and have another go at it.  You have no idea how much I have missed mowing in the 3 weeks I was waiting for parts.

..I'm glad that I mowed the other day  :).....the heat has arrived early the last couple days....those poor folks in Europe are really getting hit with the extreme temps currently,,,,nasty stuff
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on June 30, 2019, 08:50:27 AM
...9am and it's 82 already...and humid....heat index 90degs......looks like a pretty warm day brewing here......wish we had a pool  :)
...dude, we keep 2 of our 4 pools going all summer long!...come on down!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 30, 2019, 10:26:59 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 30, 2019, 08:50:27 AM
...dude, we keep 2 of our 4 pools going all summer long!...come on down!...

...LOL...I'd never get out !
Jon

LizStreithorst

I pushed that mower for 2 miles.  I'm plum wore out but it looks great!

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 30, 2019, 11:45:35 AM
I pushed that mower for 2 miles.  I'm plum wore out but it looks great!

I'll bet it looks great  |^|.....I admire my mow work too.... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

....92degs now...heat index 105.......severe thunderstorm watch til 6pm....but still sunny here and not even the heat of the day.....I'm wondering where this all is headed... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

Only 87 here and partly cloudy which helped with the BIG MOW.  It felt good sitting in the shade with my chicken watching the butterflies all over my flowers and listening to the humming birds attack the feeder behind me.  Nice day...I need to get clean soon so I can go to the store.  I stupidly ran out of dog food and I just drank my last beer.

Mugwump

...da big boom booms have arrived.....crazy high winds, thunder, rain, and we just had the power go for few minutes....sirens all over the place too....lotsa branches down and it seems this is just the beginning too.....WOW.....

I think Dale, Joel, Bob & Gale got hit first...it's coming right out of the north.....temps dropping fast......

hold on folks.....here we go.....yee haaaaa !
Jon

waterboy

Got dark and windy here for a while.  Power outage for a couple minutes, twice. Not a lot of rain but it is still dark and gloomy so maybe more is on the way.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on June 30, 2019, 02:15:20 PM
Got dark and windy here for a while.  Power outage for a couple minutes, twice. Not a lot of rain but it is still dark and gloomy so maybe more is on the way.

...oddly enough not much rain here either.....a brief down pour and then sprinkling on/off....weird?
Jon

LizStreithorst

We had a big blow with little rain here last week.  I like bad weather so I sat in the pasture watching the trees whipping from one direction to the other.  It was too cool.  I did have one tree come down.  It was a mimosa.  It bent a bit of metal on the carport roof but did no real damage.

I am totally whupped.  It was 2 o'clock before I got the strength to drive to the store in Ellisville.  I could have made it with the beer, but my poor dogs ate the last of their food last night so I had to go.

Driving home I took a different longer route through the country.  It was very relaxing.  As I drove down my long dirt driveway to my house I was delighted.  I tried to look at it with the eyes of someone who had never been here.  The place looks beautifully cared for as though I had landscape people working for me.  I actually got a sense of pride as I drove down my dirt road to my house.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 30, 2019, 03:38:38 PM
We had a big blow with little rain here last week.  I like bad weather so I sat in the pasture watching the trees whipping from one direction to the other.  It was too cool.  I did have one tree come down.  It was a mimosa.  It bent a bit of metal on the carport roof but did no real damage.

I am totally whupped.  It was 2 o'clock before I got the strength to drive to the store in Ellisville.  I could have made it with the beer, but my poor dogs ate the last of their food last night so I had to go.

Driving home I took a different longer route through the country.  It was very relaxing.  As I drove down my long dirt driveway to my house I was delighted.  I tried to look at it with the eyes of someone who had never been here.  The place looks beautifully cared for as though I had landscape people working for me.  I actually got a sense of pride as I drove down my dirt road to my house.

.....you should feel proud....I'll bet it looks beautiful... w!w |^| w!w
Jon