• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 12:01:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 537
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 541
Total: 541

Sunday, New Years eve...

Started by Mugwump, December 31, 2017, 02:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...it's been a slow relaxing day for us here.......just some putz'n and chill'n.... |^|

...the brutal cold settles in tonight....  -12 below, wind chills pretty bad with expected 20mph winds......brrrr.....

...likely pop corn/pop and some movies later.....I wouldn't even send a pizza boy delivery out on a night like this.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I never do anything either.  After 67 years of life one New Years Eve is no different from any other.  Celebrating the solstice would make more sense.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...came home at 11 last night to watch the ball drop on TV... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 01, 2018, 11:18:08 AM

...LOL...what ball ? huh?.....we were out before then.... ;)
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 01, 2018, 11:19:34 AM

...LIghtweights!!!... :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I haven't stayed up to watch the ball drop since I was a teenager.  What's the point?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 01, 2018, 11:20:17 AM

LOL....nope.....just smart old folks  |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 01, 2018, 11:32:32 AM
I haven't stayed up to watch the ball drop since I was a teenager.  What's the point?
...to me it's become a symbol of the old going away and the new coming in...Just saying...! 8) 8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 01, 2018, 11:37:42 AM

...it really wasn't much different than any other daily bedtime for me...I usually head to the bedroom between 11-12...watch the aquarium or read a little bit then drop off to sleep about 12:30 or so... ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 01, 2018, 11:40:00 AM

...it really wasn't much different than any other daily bedtime for me...I usually head to the bedroom between 11-12...watch the aquarium or read a little bit then drop off to sleep about 12:30 or so... ;)

..up until a few years ago, we always went out with another couple to an early dinner and a 7 o'clock movie...then we'd go play cards til midnight....celebrate a bit and head home...but not so much anymore......it just got stupid out there..... huh
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 01, 2018, 12:13:28 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on January 01, 2018, 11:40:00 AM

..up until a few years ago, we always went out with another couple to an early dinner and a 7 o'clock movie...then we'd go play cards til midnight....celebrate a bit and head home...but not so much anymore......it just got stupid out there..... huh
...yep...glad I could walk home last night! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron