• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 10:13:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 528
Total: 528

NADA

Started by LizStreithorst, January 20, 2015, 04:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's official but details are sorely lacking.  The convention will be just outside of Chicago somewhere.  We couldn't afford the unions workers in Chicago proper.  We are poor and do the work ourselves.  Don't know the town.  Don't know the hotel.  Don't know the date, but it's always in mid to late June.

Look forward to meeting a whole bunch of my friends from Muggersville ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I'd like to know the details to.  June is about the time of year I would gladly go back to Chicagoland for a visit.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I forgot to mention that this will be in 2016.  NADA comes but every two years.

Mugwump

I'll snoop around at the swap on Sunday.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 20, 2015, 04:39:26 PM
I forgot to mention that this will be in 2016.  NADA comes but every two years.

2016 will probably work better for me being that I am about to move now. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Hope to get to meet everyone who can attend.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

I'm thinking either the Naperville 'Marriott'....or Downers Grove 'Doubletree"......????..both could handle it easily....the old swap site out in Mt Prospect could too...it's a 'Hilton', I believe..it evens sports an indoor water park, and is right next to Arlington Race Track......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Our requirements have always been good food either close or at the hotel itself and a bar that stays open until 2 am.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 20, 2015, 06:21:24 PM
Our requirements have always been good food either close or at the hotel itself and a bar that stays open until 2 am.

Naperville then....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm gonna check the Napperville Marriotte on line and see what I think of it :P

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 20, 2015, 06:28:48 PM
I'm gonna check the Napperville Marriotte on line and see what I think of it :P

They hold GCCA meetings at the 'Doubletree'..in Downers Grove....good food/bar there too....they even have a 'Bishop's Chili' close by on Maple  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....

http://www.hilton.com/search/dt/us/il/downers_grove/0/00000000000/0/0/0/0/10?wt.srch=1

I'll bet it's here..... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I posted your first guess on simple :-[  Nicholson will say if your guess is wrong.  I know that they have chosen well in the past and they will choose well again.  I can't wait. 

b125killer

That's  awesome!
Scott

Barb

There is no specific hotel chosen yet, they are still in the research mode to pick one.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on January 21, 2015, 01:07:23 PM
There is no specific hotel chosen yet, they are still in the research mode to pick one.
Barb

The one's that I named surely should be on that list..... ;D.....
Jon