• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 04:56:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 609
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 599
Total: 600

Snow finally.

Started by Mugwump, February 02, 2013, 08:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Woke up to about three inches on the ground....nice...and they say that we'll get a few more inches every night for the next few days as 'Alberta clippers' come through. We need the moisture badly....alas, I have to shovel tho.... :'(
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

It's been snowing here too, on and off since yesterday afternoon!  Sitting here looking out the doors to the backyard from my computer desk.....

Fall and winter are my favorite times of the year...  I have an aversion to hot weather  LOL   ;D

Dennis

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

I'm a  'Fall' fan too, my favorite by far....I like the winter snow, but not the sub-zero junk...as for heat...spent my time in heat, I don't need any more.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

What a beautiful scene, just add a couple cardinals and you have a great Christmas card for next year!
Barb

BallAquatics

Thanks folks.  I fell in love with this property the first time I saw it.  I grew up a country boy and living back in the woods is just the way it should be.....  The amount of wildlife around here is just amazing too.  A couple of summers ago I didn't get the grand kids pool put away quick enough and the local kids thought they'd give it a go.....

Dennis

ilroost

that is a great video dennis.I to am a country boy,but i live in the middle of corn fields.On years that corn is planted it is like a privacy fence around the house.No nieghbors for at least a mile in every direction. Weldon Springs state park is 2 miles up the road.

Mugwump

LOL.....just like kids.... ;D
Jon

b125killer

That's a cool video. My wife liked it too. I haven't seen deer play around before.
Scott

PaulineMi

That's priceless.

We used to live on a dead end country road and would get to see a lot of differrent wild life. Its something I never tired of.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Yep, we lived on a farmette for about 5 yrs...it was fun watching until we had to pull the dogs away from a cornered possum....LOL...that was going to get bloody...Our little Blue Healer was going to get that thing, regardless of damage....Abby was just a pup and was right in the middle of it......but we loved it out there...
Jon

JR

Grew up in Harlan Kentucky till about ten year old. Loved it. Took a long time for me to like Ohio. Not enough space. I hope to move back one day. I hate the winter. Dont like the cold. Makes the bones hurt.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day