• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 09:42:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 346
Total: 346

New cacatuoides spawn!

Started by Ron Sower, April 19, 2014, 04:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Got this pair about a month ago. Placed them in a 12g long. Female's been hanging out at one end around a small piece of wood with Anubias on it. I'm thinking she's not interested in the male.

Yesterday I placed a coconut cave at the other end of the tank hoping they would get interested and start doing dance and they did investigate a lot. Today I noticed she had fry swimming under her in front of the cave!  She'd already done the dance and had hatched the eggs under the piece of wood!!

Mother Nature's little treats!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Love those!! With my water being so hard i have never tried keeping them.
How about some picts?

b125killer

Scott

Ron Sower

Quote from: ilroost on April 19, 2014, 05:46:14 PM
How about some picts?
I gotta figger out how to do that someday!   :-[
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 20, 2014, 12:55:02 AM
Quote from: ilroost on April 19, 2014, 05:46:14 PM
How about some picts?
I gotta figger out how to do that someday!   :-[

... ;D me too....it's pure luck if I get a good pic...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Gentlemen, practice makes perfect.  I believe each and every one of us can do most anything that we set our mind to.

Dennis

Ron Sower

I believe that too, Dennis.  I just have to set my mind and take the time to figure learn the process of uploading the pics!!  ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 20, 2014, 09:07:24 AM
I believe that too, Dennis.  I just have to set my mind and take the time to figure learn the process of uploading the pics!!  ;)

'uploading' ???...that's the easy part....LOL...for me, it's getting a pic worth it.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon