• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 07:14:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 635
Total: 635

Bummer This Morning

Started by PaulineMi, March 22, 2015, 05:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

One of my lovely albino Dantum angels turned up as a crispy critter on the lid of their tank.  :(   I keep all tanks well covered and have never had this occur before.

They say if there's an opening they'll find it. On this 90 gallon there was a small temporary opening for the Magnum HOT filter inlet and return tubes. How, and even why, this juvenile jumped out and landed on the lid is a mystery. It would have had to fit in the small gap between the tubes. I fixed things so that now the top has zero openings.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

It's amazing that Angels, not really known as 'jumpers', still find a way to do it sometimes.....has he/she been chased before..??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

That sucks! I'm sorry you lost him.
Scott

wsantia1

Sorry you lost that one Pauline. I once found a missing female in the well of an aquaclear 110. She was still alive. ???
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Thanks.  There was no aggression in the tank. The only thing I can imagine is perhaps the lights startled it when they came on???  The lighting is subdued but who knows....
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)